Home Ford Ranger Forum Builders Guide How To Tech Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Non Truck Discussions > Entertainment

Notices

Entertainment This forum is for discussing movies, videos, TV, video games, music and clean jokes.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:40 PM   #71
adsm08
Supporting Member

Asteroids Champion

Vehicle Year: 1987
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger XLT
I use this vehicle for: Making money and being broke.
adsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to adsm08

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85_Ranger4x4 View Post
Cool!

It was nice going from my first laptop to my wife's new one. Who knew slow starts, lag and random crashes are not normal?
Everyone in the game was trying to tell me it was.

Project: Amazing Grace

Project: Cash 'N Carry

Project: 12-Volt Sandwich, project finished

Project: Birthday Present

I identify as an attack helicopter.

I like it when things catch fire and explode, which means I do not have your best interests in mind.
adsm08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement - Don't want to see the forum ads? Click HERE to find out how to be a Supporting Member.

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 29781F0E77DE4B Expires: March 31, 2019
Old 01-14-2019, 06:58 AM   #72
Craig0320
Supporting Member

Vehicle Year: 1998
Vehicle Model: Ranger 5.0 4x4
I use this vehicle for: Work/Hunting
Craig0320 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig0320 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig0320 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsm08 View Post
So I got my new computer up and running today and just finished a Co-op match to test it out. This is soooooooooo much nicer.

The computer is one I built myself. Asus ROG Strix B350F gaming mother board, Ryzen 5 2600G processor, started with 16 GB memory, two 8GB sticks, so 16 GB dual channel, and the primary hard drive (only one that is hooked up at the moment) is a 480GB solid state drive. Also, this one has no Wi-Fi, so it is hardwired to the router.

I had the graphics at the standard setting for a new install, which is very pretty and smooth, even using the processor's on-board graphics and my 15 year old LCD monitor. I went from regularly sitting and loading for anywhere from 1 to 5 minutes AFTER the match started to getting to the map loading screen with the start button already lit up. I sat in game waiting for 40 seconds for the timer to count down. Best part is that there were no lag-pauses anytime a ship near me died, or launched or got hit by torpedoes.

I am, needless to say, happy.
Glad you got it running. 16gigs of ram is a good start. I run a gtx 1060, 480gb ssd, AMD black edition 8 core processor, msi 970 gaming motherboard. Runs anything I throw at it really well. Plus now you can get discord and we can chat in game.
Craig0320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:21 AM   #73
adsm08
Supporting Member

Asteroids Champion

Vehicle Year: 1987
Vehicle Model: Ranger XLT
I use this vehicle for: Making money and being broke.
adsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to adsm08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig0320 View Post
16gigs of ram is a good start.
And that's all it is. This board can handle up to 64 gig, but I chose to spend my limited funds on the processor and SSD drive for now and split the memory to two 8G sitcks. The alternative would have been a single 16gig stick, this way I get more processor and dual channel.

Quote:
I throw at it really well. Plus now you can get discord and we can chat in game.
I still need a mic. The headset I used to use for gaming chat won't work on this computer because it doesn't have Bluetooth capability.

Project: Amazing Grace

Project: Cash 'N Carry

Project: 12-Volt Sandwich, project finished

Project: Birthday Present

I identify as an attack helicopter.

I like it when things catch fire and explode, which means I do not have your best interests in mind.
adsm08 is offline   Reply With Quote