• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

heavy misfire/stumble, low power, no cel

choatecostoms

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Its sequential, all have 12v on red wire none have voltage between terminals and none of the signal wires have continuity to ground. Also With the engine running I back probed with my powered test light and saw each injector switching as well as heard each clicking with a stethoscope. Checked for vacuum leaks via smoke through booster line and found none. Hooked up scanner koer test shows both banks rich, but in live data short term fuel is pegged at 25 on bank 1 and bank 2 reads about -17 while long term fuel reads -6 for both. Both o2 sensors are new and I tried swapping them with no change. Also took the truck for a spin and it runs well has power, and even started without too much trouble warm today, well most of the time at least. But the idle is shakey and just revving the motor there is a miss all the way up to about 3500rpm hooked up the vacuum gauge and it read about 17hg, weird though sometimes the idle smoothest out and it reads a normal 19-20hg.. the only other code that is stored is canister purge valve malfunction but there is no cel. And I removed the solenoid and capped the pcv valve awhile ago. I did verify 12v and continuity of signal wire to the ecm and the valve is functional when 12v is applied to it, so not sure what's going on there either.

Last edited:

choatecostoms

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Did another compression test today
1 = 147
2 = 142
3 = 143
4 = 145
5 = 150
6 = 160
Plugs looked like they were all burning evenly and no sign of misfire also verified gap @ .44

Does anyone have a pin out for the ecm? 1993 3.0 4x4 auto. There are 10 pins on the ecm harness that have continuity to ground and I would like to verify each of those pins is correct.

choatecostoms

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Got the evap solenoid working and repaired, a wire had pulled loose from the ecm harness. Tug tested the rest of the 60 wires all were snug. Also an update with running at an idle when the idle smoothes out the stft for both bank 1 and 2 pull to -17 and ltft again stays at -6 for both. So what could be intermittent on bank 1? No rhyme or reason for the idle change that I can see or have found testing..

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals