• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Drag Truck - The Danger Ranger

ksack

U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Codes are gone with the new sensor. Still idles rough after about 15 seconds so I need to work on refining the tune with my tuner. This weekend I got the steering 100% finished and wired up the linelock. The switch that came with the Moroso kit was originally wired incorrectly so it was hot when the button was disengaged. Took it apart and wired it up correctly and now works as advertised. I'm going out of town for a couple weeks so don't expect much progress. Up next is getting the seat installed and it should be ready for a test drive once it gets all its fluids.

ksack

U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Sometimes you forget how many things go together to get a vehicle running. Got the seat mounts installed and the floor pan patched last weekend. Sorry no pix of that for now. Spent the day cleaning out the garage and making room for both the donor and the race truck to fit while work sends me away for the next 5 months. The F150 barely fits in my garage but I got it in there. It had been in the driveway for the last year while I took parts off it. See y'all in October!

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Man, we have to wait until October!

ksack

U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Hey friends I'm back for a couple weeks. In my time away, I was able to figure out that my idle issues are due to a lack of fuel. When I pulled all the evap stuff, I got rid of a few fuel pressure sensors that the system needs. Will be switching to a return system with a fuel cell in the bed. Hoping to have it running happily before going off on another adventure. Spring and summer look like I'll be around quite a bit so I'm hoping to make good progress and even a pass down the 1/4 mile later in the season.

ksack

U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Update! Got the return system installed. Running a 15gal tank from Rhodes, 385lph AEM pump, Tanks Inc pressure regulator with Vibrant fittings and braided hoses. Had my tuner remove all the fuel system signals and run the pump with key inserted. Works like a dream! Also got the full cooling system installed by cutting down a few of the hoses since the radiator sits much closer to the motor than it did in the F150. To get it driving, need to build a battery tray, mount the coolant tank, connect the shift cable, and fill trans and rear end with fluids, and reinstall the driveshaft. Other things it needs is seat harness installed, lights connected, exhaust lengthened to dump near the edge of the body, harnesses tucked away, firewall patched, and a driveshaft loop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKa7K2kqHvY

deathbypsi

06/2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3turbo
Transmission
Manual

proz07

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.3l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Nice, I know how those long pauses go. great to see you getting after it right away.

Andrew.V

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2008 fx4 1988
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.0 5.0
Transmission
Automatic
love the truck got really excited when your video showed up in my subscriptions on YouTube last night. what manifolds are you using, still the ones from the f150?

ksack

U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
love the truck got really excited when your video showed up in my subscriptions on YouTube last night. what manifolds are you using, still the ones from the f150?
Thanks for all the love guys! I really do appreciate it. Yes they are the stock manifolds. If you go back in the thread you can see that I cut out a bit to make them fit. Just going to dump them down out of the engine bay for the time being. Don't want to put a whole lot of work into the exhaust system since it will be getting a turbo at some point.

ksack

U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Since the last update, I've filled fluids and reconnected everything. Took it for a test drive 2 weeks ago but had a really bad bounce. Worked with racestar over the last 2 weeks and we came to the conclusion that my hub centric rings were not centering the wheels properly. Turns out my custom axles have hubs that are a little more than 0.5mm larger than factory, so the supplied hub centric rings did not fit over them. The custom axle hubs also barely protrude beyond the face of the rotor. To fix this, I flipped the hub centric rings and shaved them down so that they would both fit over the hub, as well as protrude out to help center the wheel. They take a little finessing to get on, but the wheels now center on the hubs. The wheel issue was solved today, so I got to do this:

Tracks are starting open around me so its time to get the truck track ready. I also bought a trailer a few weeks ago so the donor truck is loaded up and prepped for drop off at the scrap yard next weekend. Pulled the rear axle, front brakes, and wheel so I can pull in some cash off Craigslist.

And the truck as it sits today

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Definitely a cool build (y)

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
Any more updates on your project? Would love to see the latest.

ksack

U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Any more updates on your project? Would love to see the latest.
Unfortunately not. Work has me away again for the summer so I won't be touching it for a few months. Definitely hope to get it down the track before they close for the winter when I get back!

ksack

U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I'm back from another work trip. This time I have 2 weeks off so my goal is to get the truck squared away and to the track. Since the last update, I've been doing wiring modifications. The hood wont close with the fuse box in front, so I moved it to the passenger side by the battery. This required extending a few harnesses like the driver side lights and the radiator fans. Today I buttoned up the wiring for the tail lights and cleaned out the garage. To finish off the list before heading to the track, I need to secure the harnesses in the cab and the engine bay, add a driveshaft loop (for my own sanity), and patch some holes in the firewall.

Road Angels

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Manual
way cool hard run video...me likes

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals