• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New guy, throttle body question

nicolai

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I just picked up my first truck, and am new to the forum. One of the first upgrades I'm looking to do is to add cruise control, as I do a lot of highway driving for work. (Big thanks to mfernandes for the excellent writeup:
https://therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160781

I found a cruise control servo, advertised to fit my year and model. The pin connector is fine, but I couldn't figure out how to connect the cable to the throttle body.

A bit of research seems to indicate my throttle body may not be the stock unit, and I'm wondering if anyone can identify it, and/or point me at the correct CC servo I should be looking for. I can't seem to upload a photo (presumably because I'm new), but it looks just like the image at the following link (without the CC cable):
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/upmmLwQImms/maxresdefault.jpg

Thanks!

nicolai

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I found a servo from a '96 explorer fits, however I still have no cruise contr (the light on the dash doesn't come on, even in diagnostic mode).

Can anyone point me to a wiring diagram for the cruise control system, so I can start doing some troubleshooting?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals