• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Radiator time!

6gun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
??????
Tire Size
39X12.50R17
My credo
I'm not afraid of dying, not living terrifies me!
My '99 radiator has started leaking so time to replace! I've found a good- looking all-aluminum piece on the evilbay for $179 which I think is very reasonable. Does anybody have any recommendations? I've been sinking a ton of money in this thing lately and trying to not shortcut anything.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Get a radiator for an AC vehicle even if you don't have AC, and for an automatic even if you have a manual trans, they should be double core

Other than that I don't think there is much difference between brands, look at past reviews

6gun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
??????
Tire Size
39X12.50R17
My credo
After reading and comparing for about an hour or so today I finally gambled and ordered this unit off of the evilbay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264062260670

I like the all aluminum construction.

Now to get new hoses, clamps, water pump, thermostat, and anti-freeze bought up. Might as well do it all right.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Ebay has great deals but when they fail you eat it. You may pay 100 more for a part with an actual brand from an actual store but you get an actual warranty. And the reviews on ebay are worth as much as a promise from a car salesman. They are fake, or done immediately and not edit-able 3 months later when the part explodes.

6gun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
??????
Tire Size
39X12.50R17
My credo
Ebay has great deals but when they fail you eat it. You may pay 100 more for a part with an actual brand from an actual store but you get an actual warranty. And the reviews on ebay are worth as much as a promise from a car salesman. They are fake, or done immediately and not edit-able 3 months later when the part explodes.

I get this, and I understand all of the gambling involved. I actually paid more for this than a standard replacement unit would've cost. If it is as nice as it looks, money well spent, if not lesson learned. As far as reviews, I read them fully and dismiss half of what they say anyway. :icon_thumby:

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
I get this, and I understand all of the gambling involved. I actually paid more for this than a standard replacement unit would've cost. If it is as nice as it looks, money well spent, if not lesson learned. As far as reviews, I read them fully and dismiss half of what they say anyway. :icon_thumby:
I ment in no way to mock your purchase. You sound like youve delt with ebay before lol. I have customers who buy stuff on ebay and come to me and say install this... I basically tell them no unless they understand you are paying me no matter what. Part fits or works or not... and you will pay me again if and when it fails. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

I always buy radiators from one company for the past 20 years and they cost more than you could get one on ebay or amazon but I am able to pass on a 5 year warranty. Not once have I had to replace one under warranty. But I've had multiple times people bought cheap online radiators and got screwed.

Waaaay more of a problem with online electronics, I straight up laugh and say no way when someone brings me an ebay/amazon 15 dollar maf or o2 sensor... even though changing a maf takes 2 minutes I wont do it.

6gun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
??????
Tire Size
39X12.50R17
My credo
Glad you look out for your customers, not enough techs do these days. I've known the guy that does my outside mechanic work since around 5th grade so I'm not going to screw him. If I want him to put a part that I bring him on, he knows I've looked it over and approve of it's construction. As a mechanical engineer, field service tech I can usually spot crappy stuff real quick. I also understand not everyone has my eye/training to spot quality issues. Most are just wanting to save a buck. :beer:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals