• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anyone hear anything about the new Titanium Unlimited 200 welder from HFT?

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Thinking about buying myself one around Christmas (there's a coupon for $50 off until the 31st)... I know what everyone says about multi process welders, better off buying dedicated but so far I've read reasonable things... In case you haven't heard anything about it, you can see it HERE

For the record, don't really need it as I have everything but shielded wire feed and TIG covered but those two would be nice for some things... Here's the welders I have already:
-AC/DC 220V stick welder, my go to
-older 90A flux core welder, go to for small projects
-oxy/acetylene rig
-50A plasma cutter
-small 100A (HFT again...) stick welder that I havent used in 10 years

From what I've read the Vulcan Omnipro is pretty sweet, but any shortcomings of the Unlimited can be made up with the stick welder since it's 100% duty cycle for 1/8" rods, which I have about 75 pounds of...

If no one has thoughts I might just be a guinea pig... I asked at HFT and apparently they've sold a bunch of them mostly for christmas presents so won't be much feedback until afterward...

Craig0320

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Break it right the first time. Fix it better the next time.
I saw them and have heard good things. You will find out soon enough if you buy it. I want the cordless impact ratchet they have. I can name 10 things I could use one for right now.

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
I've seen some of the newer Vulcan units at the HFT local to me.

They looked like they might be nice units, but my bigger worry would be availability of parts & service, especially when they are not anything near as cheap, relative to other brands, as their units of some years ago were.
If the unit happens to use the same gun attachments, drive parts, etc as another (more-established) brand, then that should help in getting specialized parts for it (a spoolgun for example). If something like the internal gas valve were to fail though, you'd probably have to source a replacement on your own, as I don't see HFT stocking parts like that for it (a bad transformer or inverter component would likely shitcan the whole unit).

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
After some of my experiences with the ol 90 amp welder I'm not too worried about replacing the electrical components... the flux core shorted one of the switch wires for the wire feed to the full output of the welder (cheap design, I've been throwing this welder around for 6 years loaning it to several people, and I'm the second owner...), just blew the rectifier for the feed motor circuit, not as scary as I thought, just replaced it with 4 diodes... Apparently the inverter components aren't that specialized or scary either, the youtube guy Ave did a review of the Vulcan Omnipro with good things to say that surprised him... not saying he knows everything as I've seen him wrong on a few things here and there just from things I know but he isn't dumb... :). Changing a solenoid should be simple if failed, feed mechanism not sure but it is at least metal... Spool gun isn't available yet but is supposed to be in early '19, I imagine a different one could be adapted as well as a gun.

I know they aren't as inexpensive as the older options, have friends that have had good luck with those, I'm going to look at the Everlast and Eastwood versions of the same thing just to weigh options...

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Not finding anything bad about the Unlimited, but am now thinking about the Omnipro... The guy that has the video of the Unlimited going through 2.5 pounds of hardfacing rod back to back is pretty impressive, but the Omnipro will beat out the Unlimited almost anywhere and has a pedal for Tig if I decide to get into that...

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Any thoughts on preference of the auto settings versus manual settings? Watching some videos of the Omnipro I imagine it could get annoying running through the menu to tell the machine what I want to do every time I turn it on, which would kinda push me toward the Unlimited..

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
My machine is all manual (and I've not played with an automatic one yet), so I can't comment on that...

I've no complaints though... MIG is one of the easiest processes to learn, which should make it easy to figure out where the settings should go.
It did for me anyway... I just grabbed a bunch of metal scraps and tried laying beads with the machine's settings purposely set way too high or too low just to get an idea of what occurs in each case, giving me a better perspective on where to tune the machine to get a good weld bead on various thickness metals.
There will also always be the occasional case where the auto settings don't work as well, meaning you'll still have to occasionally use manual mode anyway (or so I've read, which would explain why manual modes are usually still present on such machines).

I've not used TIG yet though (which I understand is much harder to learn), so maybe having some auto settings could help with that?

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Yeah, pretty much my conundrum :). We have a big MIG at work, a big Lincoln IdealArc with a wire feed on top, that thing is a beast in all respects... played with wire speed and voltage some with that over the years so have the basics down, and have that little flux core welder down and can usually do what I need with it but as always have a lot to learn.

I'm leaning toward the Unlimited that is manual control, it has the cheat chart on the side (apparently covers all processes) which is quick enough, not sure I want the "synchronous" display stuff, don't want 20 seconds of setup for a 20 second project, those come up... From what I've read the auto settings limit you to what they think are reasonable settings as well, limit to certain wire feed rates and aren't hot enough at the higher thicknesses so might as well be manual...

Coupon is only good through the 31st but going out of town camping, so tomorrow is kinda my last chance...

I appreciate the input! I'll let you know how it goes...

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
I picked up the Unlimited 200 tonight, It is a very nice package! Has everything needed to weld in the box other than a mask assuming you want to use flux core or have welding rods... The regulator doesn't look too bad, but don't have a bottle to connect to try straight MIG or TIG... The cables are super flexible, nice rubber coating, about 6' long power cord and about that long for the MIG gun lead, longer than I'm used to on both accounts with the 90A flux core...

I fitted a roll of .030" flux core I had sitting around that wouldn't work in the 90A welder worth a darn and with the recommended settings on the chart it welded WAY nicer than the other one, smooth wire feed and DCEN like flux core is supposed to be (the cheapie's are AC which isn't "supposed" to work, but does to some extent). Only played for about 5 minutes on a scrap of bed frame. Will try out the Arc welding side next week, see how it compares to my old trusty transformer welder with some 1/8" 7018 and 6011...

So far so good, got the 2 year protection plan for good measure...

94sport

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I picked up the Unlimited 200 tonight, It is a very nice package! Has everything needed to weld in the box other than a mask assuming you want to use flux core or have welding rods... The regulator doesn't look too bad, but don't have a bottle to connect to try straight MIG or TIG... The cables are super flexible, nice rubber coating, about 6' long power cord and about that long for the MIG gun lead, longer than I'm used to on both accounts with the 90A flux core...

I fitted a roll of .030" flux core I had sitting around that wouldn't work in the 90A welder worth a darn and with the recommended settings on the chart it welded WAY nicer than the other one, smooth wire feed and DCEN like flux core is supposed to be (the cheapie's are AC which isn't "supposed" to work, but does to some extent). Only played for about 5 minutes on a scrap of bed frame. Will try out the Arc welding side next week, see how it compares to my old trusty transformer welder with some 1/8" 7018 and 6011...

So far so good, got the 2 year protection plan for good measure...
I got this welder as well, Blows my old Lincoln out of the water. I also got the 2-year protection plan, I picked mine up on sale so everything together was like $740 I have run almost 10lbs of wire through it and it is the best purchase I have made in a while. worst case it shits out before the warranty and i get it fixed/replaced, if not it wasn't a massive purchase compared to the miller 211/hobart210mvp/lincoln

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Still haven't used it much, but I was at HFT for their blowout sale or whatever it was in January and ended up getting a second Unlimited 200 for $225 in box but was apparently missing the TIG torch, sold it to my buddy that needed a new welder so he got a screaming deal... also picked up a MIG 175 which is basically the same thing without some bells and whistles and slightly less power (same casing, they look identical side by side) no box but complete other than no regulator for $125. Going to have a garage and shop so will have a welder for each...

I used the 175 last night to weld in a reinforcement to my D35 on the drivers side since I had bent it... Straightened it with a chain and an F350 then welded on a strap. The welder works pretty good even though I was using 110V (no 220 extendo cord yet) and .030" flux core since I don't have a bottle yet...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals