• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Zimmer edition?

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
Looking good!

09fx4guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre Key w/ #1 Bars
Tire Size
265/70R16
That really looks good! How high of a lift are you considering? If I may say, it would be a shame to cut up or modify the truck too much.

Also, what is that chrome piece next to the side marker light on the left front fender?

Mthorn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Automatic
We are only doing a 2 inch lift and put a set of 31’s on it. Nothing crazy. The little chrome piece is actually an old school security system. Put your key in and basically “lock” the vehicle from being started.

09fx4guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre Key w/ #1 Bars
Tire Size
265/70R16
That sounds just about right. It should look even better with that lift / tire combo.

I thought that might be what that was. Have not seen that in a real long time. Does it still work?

Mthorn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Automatic
No we don’t have the key that fits it, apparently the previous owner lost it and just disconnected everything

surfryder84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Transmission
Automatic
Got a question, when my son turned 15 he decided he wanted a Bronco II for his first car. We found him a running 1987 in extremely good condition and got it. My question is has anyone else heard of the Zimmer edition? This thing has more plush seats, a built in CB, curtains in the back windows and a odd “scoop” over the rear. I can’t find any information on this vehicle.
So I found one of these and and am getting ready to start working on it. Have you done any work to this one? As far as I can tell these are the only two I can find!

Attachments

Danny74

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Don't wait till it's broken to fix things
I found this post today and started reading the comments. In the beginning I was starting to get scared, but thankfully felt that he's when I discovered he wasn't going to modify it much really. Slight lift and bigger tires is the maximum I would do plus it's a good move in my opinion.

I can't believe somebody found another one of these. It's like finding hens teeth apparently. But I'm glad that both you guys are going to keep this original and just fix it & bring em back into its glory.

As for the kill switch, on the front fender, I'm wondering if that's part of the Zimmer package. Maybe the other guy has it also.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals