• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

your kidding right?

mud junky

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/2003
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L/4.0SOHC
Transmission
Manual
http://youtu.be/YXFV6242g-8

hmmmmmmmmmm. lets see. the explorers front tires were locked up, and the rear tires rolled backwards. so not only did then not have the exporer even try, buit they had to disable the rear breaks. end they expect people to believe it was a fair test of wich rig was better............no wonder they needed a bail out and ford did not.

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: BD8D9A3814E19D Expires July 5th, 2022

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
Tug offs are so stupid anyway. There are so many variables like tires, driver, available traction, bla bla bla....

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
even the tow point is a factor
it could give u good traction or lift your axle and loose it all.

mud junky

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/2003
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L/4.0SOHC
Transmission
Manual
sick thing is that they couldent even stack things in the durrango's favor. (like lubing the expolers tires, putting lockers in the durango ext.) they had to baltantly cheat, by having the driver of the exporer not even try. and they think that we (the American public) are so stupid that we would not knowtice the ford wasent even trying. and they wonder why they needed a bail out.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
the dodge is in 4wheel to aint it? looks like the front tire was pulling as well as the rear pushing.. and the ex wasn't even on the gas. even if i was a dodge guy i could understand that.. how dumb do they really expect people to be? i guess lots would see that and be all like wow, look how strong the dodge is! lol. idiots

Twizzler09

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.2L/256CI V6
Transmission
Manual
^^^ I really hate that commerical. The only Ford commercials I've seen talk about the new EcoBoost motor and the new 5.0L, both of them gas motors. Both designed in-house by ford. To even mention a diesel engine versus gas, imo, is just stupid. Not even on the same level to start with. Dodge also didn't design the Cummins diesel in-house.... obviously.

Just seems stacked. But then again I think I've seen all of the automakers do that at least once at some point.

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
Yep ^^ I hate that commercial. I get to that in a min. All chevy and dodge has been doing is making commercials putting down Ford that's all they can do they need to get back on their feet so the best thing to do is take out the stronger of the three. It will continue to happen for years so get used to it. Ford has the sales numbers to put them down that's all they need.

Now back to that commercial, they are using the idea of ford making their own motors and dodge having the commercial diesel with the history to back it up. right? First. If powerstroke was still built by International that commercial would have never existed. Second. If done properly ford would have had much more history to back em up and dodge would have been the one backing away. The whole idea of the production car came from ford, the others most likly wouldn't even exist. Ford has a huge racing back ground from Le mans, to top fuel. what they should have done is have Henry Ford, the model T, Carol Shelby, the GT40, the shelby cobra, John Force, Jack Roush, Steve Saleen and the CEO of Ford holding money bags in front of the superduty. Brag all they want that they don't build their own diesel. Ford has the history to back up their motors.:icon_thumby:

Ryannn

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah I really hate it too Haha. That's why I posted it.
Love both of you're guys comments btw!

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
how dumb do they really expect people to be?
Well, considering this is America...

If you read some of the comments on the video you'll see how ignorant some people are. We have the new Explorer's and the new Durango's at work. They both ride good, they're both comfortable, but if I had to pick something else to drive I would.

Will

Forum Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I don't think they expect you to believe it was a real tug of war. It's just a commercial.

BigJohn76

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
That and if they wanted to make a tug of war fair they should have used the expedition instead of the explorer.

and in the truck commercial they show a Case tractor pull up which is tied in with Ford somehow i believe.

dasfinc

October 2011 STOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The 'give away' here is the commercial says "Both come with their most powerful engines"

so a little economical V-6 Vs. a big Hemi V-8........ I wonder which one will win.............

And the diesel one is no surprise, Chevy had a big campaign for their diesels a while back with 2 big actors. I haven't seen 'direct' tactics like this from Ford in a long long time... They have no need to, they sell better regardless.

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
I don't think they expect you to believe it was a real tug of war. It's just a commercial.
In a perfect world maybe not, but this world ain't perfect and I'm suprised this hasn't gotten around work yet cause my co-workers turn into a complete prick. "Oh did you see that commercial ya Dodge is better than ford ha ha and the 6.6 duramax whould have pulled all three. Oh look your robot is down it must be made by ford." I can hear it now....... I'm better than that, I keep my mouth shut.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad