• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

younger head is better?

karaoke_carlos

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I'm wondering... I have a 93 Ranger 4.0. Need to replace heads. Will later i.e. 97/98 heads bolt on? what differences in performance would I notice? will all other items bolt on?

Thanks,

Carlos

86_cookiemonster

November '08 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 liter
Transmission
Automatic
Well all I have to say is (use the search button)
There is an explination on heads buy bird and several other members.
The 97/98 heads will bolt on to your block. But they will bump your compression ratio up, meaning oyu have to run preimium.
If you port the exhuast valves on the 98 heads you will see a great increase in performance. I am not sure about everything else bolting to them.

I am no expert on the 4.0 and seeing as it is late/early(depending on how you look at it) I will just direct you to the thread I started a couple days ago, where the experts weighed in on the issue of performance gains.
http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24491

I hope that helps.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals