• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

You just never know

Chris.S.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
You just never know when something could happen.

I wanted to share this because I know that sometimes we can put ourselves in risky situations without even realizing how risky it really is.

I got one of those phone calls you never want to get yesterday, it was my best friend and I could hear it in his voice before he said a word, something was very wrong. He was fine, but his brother had been involved in an accident.

It took place at a bbq at a local park on a beautiful sunday afternoon, he was enjoying the sunshine ad hanging out with friends. Him and another fellow climbed into a tree and started messing around climbing the tree and just being generally goofy-not stupid or reckless just messin around.

The girl he was seeing wanted to get a picture of the guys in the tree. When he tried to get in a better position for the camera the branch he reached for came off in his hand.

He fell 25' to a concrete base and landed right on his head.

By some divine miracle he lived (he was bleeding out of his ears when the ambulance got there) and even more miraculously the doctors expect no brain damage in spite of the multiple (3) skull fractures.

He crushed two vertebrae and severed his spinal cord. 28 years young and he will never walk again.

Devastating doesn't even begin to describe the loss to his family. This young man has just moved back to the area to re-establish a connection with his family after being estranged for several years. The girl taking his picture when it happened was his high-school sweetheart that he was just getting to know again.

I'm not trying to scare anyone, or say don't have fun. I just want to get the point across that you can never be too careful. Anytime you do something, just remember the people that are waiting for you at home.

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
im sorry to hear that. it always seems that things like that happen to the people who least deserve it.
I have a buddy who i played hockey that was injured during surfing lessons on vacation and was paralyzed from the waist down. Now one year later he is just now starting to be able to somewhat walk. The nicest kid you could ever meet and one of the most active in sports you will ever see.

Time2SHO

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
im sorry to hear that aswell, that really sucks

Dweano

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
That is extremely unfortunate, my condolences to the family. And i agree...its seems that the worst happens to people who deserve it the least. I cannot imagine being paralyzed.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals