• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Yet another axle swap

SAY789

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
What Wires worked????? That must be why my rears drag, i just learned to live with it but if there is a fix ill doit

1freaky1

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Why didint u just take all the abs out and go straight from the master. Mine seems to work pretty good with the big brakes up front and the disc conversion in the back.
I thought about it and asked on a few boards plus a ford tech and no one knew if it would work so I did not do that, but now knowing it worked on yours I will do it eventually. Thank you for informing about it working on your Ranger:icon_thumby:.

What Wires worked????? That must be why my rears drag, i just learned to live with it but if there is a fix ill doit
It was the two front connectors and the rear connector for the ABS sensors for the axles, I just made a jumper wire and stuck it in the holes in the connectors and taped it in place to test it out. I will remove the jumper wires and splice the wires together after removing the connectors. And soon I will remove the module.

Ford78

December 2012 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
351w
Transmission
Manual
I still have the abs light on, other wise than that the brakes are pretty good, not as firm as stock ,but close.

1freaky1

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ok here are the wire connectors that I put a wire jumper in to resolve the brake & ABS issue

In the first pic is the actual connector coming down from the frame to the sensor on the wheel, this is where the jumper will go.

The square connector was for the rear axle sensor, take a piece of 20ga. wire about two inches long and strip 1/4" of the insulation off each end then bend the wire in half and stick in both holes and tape up

The round connector is for the front ABS sensors and there is two of them one on each side. Do the same as above and the light should go off and the brakes will no drag after that as well as letting the brake fluid return to the master cylinder like it normally would.

Attachments

1freaky1

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Had to fab a new track bar as mine had the poly bushings in the ends and the were compressing and causing my death wobble problem. I used 1-1/2"DOM and 3/4" rod ends. This alleviated the wobble.

Original track bar

Newly fabbed track bar

Ford78

December 2012 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
351w
Transmission
Manual
Ok here are the wire connectors that I put a wire jumper in to resolve the brake & ABS issue

In the first pic is the actual connector coming down from the frame to the sensor on the wheel, this is where the jumper will go.

The square connector was for the rear axle sensor, take a piece of 20ga. wire about two inches long and strip 1/4" of the insulation off each end then bend the wire in half and stick in both holes and tape up

The round connector is for the front ABS sensors and there is two of them one on each side. Do the same as above and the light should go off and the brakes will no drag after that as well as letting the brake fluid return to the master cylinder like it normally would.
Are u still running the ABS controller that the brake lines come out of or did u come from the master it self?
I have the ABS light on too, but i took all the abs stuff out and ran my line straight from the master.

Edit: Seen u already answered this for me. Didnt reed the last page. sorry

Last edited:

Ford78

December 2012 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
351w
Transmission
Manual
Had to fab a new track bar as mine had the poly bushings in the ends and the were compressing and causing my death wobble problem. I used 1-1/2"DOM and 3/4" rod ends. This alleviated the wobble.

Original track bar

Newly fabbed track bar
Looks real good!! Should make it feel more solid too.

1freaky1

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Looks real good!! Should make it feel more solid too.

Thanks, yes it definitely took care of the problem and smoothed out plus took care of the wobble @60mph.:icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals