• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Yes... I'm asking about a Dana 30.

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
Transmission
Automatic
Now that is harsh. I've seen plenty of things break. But some folks really don't knowwhen to get off the throttle.
while this is true... there is still no way truck broke a D60 joint on 33's. Perhaps the stock 30spline stub shaft... that is definitly possible with enough throttle/traction ect.

Roger

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
because. He didnt break a good D60 wheeljoint with a 33" tire. It didnt happen.
Dude. You don't know me, you don't know what I see or who I wheel with. Everything can be broken.

Wow...

Roger

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
while this is true... there is still no way truck broke a D60 joint on 33's. Perhaps the stock 30spline stub shaft... that is definitly possible with enough throttle/traction ect.

NOW you change your tune. I do not know if they were stock shafts or not. All I know is he broke one. He threw D60s under his TJ to avoid breaking like he did his D30.

So put it to rest now.

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
You're not that far from me. You should take a road trip.
I would but couple of problems....

Trucks not plated and not insured so as you see it in my avitar is how it sits now but yes it does run and drive. I can thank the economy for not having a job. Oh ya I just turn 21 today so I can have one of these now:beer:or two:beer::beer:

ozziemo27

June 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1984
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
I would but couple of problems....

Trucks not plated and not insured so as you see it in my avitar is how it sits now but yes it does run and drive. I can thank the economy for not having a job. Oh ya I just turn 21 today so I can have one of these now:beer:or two:beer::beer:
or 6 :beer:or 7 :beer: :birthday: YAyyy!

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
Transmission
Automatic
NOW you change your tune. I do not know if they were stock shafts or not. All I know is he broke one. He threw D60s under his TJ to avoid breaking like he did his D30.

So put it to rest now.
change my tune? you are the one who said he broke a D60 JOINT... you said nothing about a shaft. I brought that up. And he threw D60s under to avoid breaking his D30..

The other was a TJ, running 37s and the guy is a bit heavy in the foot. Got the left front tire wedged and floored it. Snapped the 760 joint, and managed to kill a balljoint too.

I also saw the same guy (TJ) break a D60 axle joint the same way, on 33s.
so not only did he swap out the D30 for a D60, he downgraded to 33's also?:icon_confused:

You dont have to lie to kick it man.

here is some D60 carnage for you:icon_thumby:

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
That shaft will be good as new after beating with a hammer a few times to straiten it out.

Roger

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
change my tune? you are the one who said he broke a D60 JOINT... you said nothing about a shaft. I brought that up. And he threw D60s under to avoid breaking his D30..
so not only did he swap out the D30 for a D60, he downgraded to 33's also?:icon_confused:

You dont have to lie to kick it man.

here is some D60 carnage for you:icon_thumby:
So not everyone can afford everything up front. He sold the 37s to fund the 60s, used his old 33s.

Whatever you gotta say to sleep with yourself at night man...:annoyed:

Nice twist to that shaft...

Dusty_Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
So not everyone can afford everything up front. He sold the 37s to fund the 60s, used his old 33s.

Whatever you gotta say to sleep with yourself at night man...:annoyed:

Nice twist to that shaft...
x2

probably just mad cuz he cant ride the shaft no more with all the kinks and bends and such:icon_cheers:

94 lngbd

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
whats the width of a dana 30 out of a 88 Cherokee as compared to the width of a 94 ranger

welder-wrench

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
The width of a d30 is 60.5 inches from rotor to rotor. Jeep mag. did a extreme build of a d30 back in 2005 with all the bolt-on mod., re-tube axles, gussets, and an ox locker. than put it in a jeep that had 38'' swampers, and a 4.7 inline stroker. They never did a follow up like they promised. I really wanted to see what happen after the fact. With all the work that went into it, it came in cheaper than a custom built lp d44 and a hp
d44. To me, if it didn't have the stroker and had 35'' tires instead, it would pobably live a good life.

welder-wrench

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Personal, I wouldn't put a locker of any sort in d30, a true trac would be less shock load, but still give traction control. With most front axles I would do this if you can.

jds4racing

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
i want to run leaf spring D30 just because they are close in width with the stock 8.8 and i want to run Manual locking hubs in the D30, is there a way to convert a CAD axle to the ! piece axle and run locking hubs?

welder-wrench

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
What about a couple years ago when a jeep grand won the class 3 division in the baja 1000. He used a lp d30 with a 5.2 and 35'' tires. The d30 was heavily gusseted, open, and still won with out any breakage. It was on the cover of peterson's 4wheel and offroad.

welder-wrench

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Yes, there is many conversion kit from two p.c.s. to one p.c.s. The new RCV shafts look like a far better design and seem to be made of the strongest materail. Try going on to Jp mag. web site and see if you can dig up the artical on that extreme d30 build. It came out in 2005.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals