• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

For Sale WTB Dana 28 4.56 gears

Dieselranger808

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
Looking for someone who has used (or new) 4.56 gears for a Dana 28 ttl sitting around. I picked up a 7.5” rear with that gearing and was hoping to find a front set to match. I understand that they are pretty hard to come by and I also understand that the Dana 35 is the go to replacement if you want lower gearing

Figured it was worth checking if anyone out there has an old one collecting dust in their garage

Thanks for reading!

red_ranger50

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0ohv
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.25in
Tire Size
Go to justdifferentials.com

Dieselranger808

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the reply red_ranger50! I’ve scoured all the differential suppliers I can find online, including justdifferentials and can’t find any ratios except the stock gearing. Please share the link if you can find one on there!
Thanks, Dieselranger

4x4prepper

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I bought a 5.13 ring and pinion for my Dana 28. I did not know at the time about the carrier split, I have 3.45s ... I might just go to a Dana 35 at this point, BUT, I just put on new Warm hubs at $260, so, I might keep it, maybe not.

I bought the R&P from a speed shop in Georgia. I think it was $150. If you are interested, let me know, and I will look up the sales person's info.

BigClemsonFan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I’m pretty sure I have a set of 4.56s for a Dana 28. I have a few different sets of gears for 7.5s too. Let me know if you’re still interested and I’ll go dig them out of my garage. I might even have an installation kit with shims and stuff. Just never got around to installing them and moved on to different projects and vehicles for the family.

Dieselranger808

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
BigClemsonFan PM sent!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals