• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Writeup: 4.0 swap 94 Ex to 89 B2

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Ok didnt know that. I didnt remove anything from my motor. And on my Focus, the cam sensor is not needed.

redneck2012

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
even when i call the auto store and ford they both say there is no cam sensor for my engine at all

And rock what colors did u jump on ur nss, i dont have a code saying anything about the trans not being in park

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
It was 2 wires on the big plug on the trans. Ill get the colors for you.

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
They probably call it a cam syncronizer, but its required. It replaces the dizzy. Without it the ecu doesn't know what position the cam is in to fire the injectors. I just did a swap and had no fire cause the wires were backwards, swapped them around and it fired right up. Your year donor has a cam syncro, but not showing a cam sensor. They are probably one unit. On the ex v8's they are separate...

SVT

redneck2012

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
They probably call it a cam syncronizer, but its required. It replaces the dizzy. Without it the ecu doesn't know what position the cam is in to fire the injectors. I just did a swap and had no fire cause the wires were backwards, swapped them around and it fired right up. Your year donor has a cam syncro, but not showing a cam sensor. They are probably one unit. On the ex v8's they are separate...

SVT
can u get me a pick of the cam syncronizer? so i know what i am looking for to get this thing running

redneck2012

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
and why would the ford dealership tell me that there was no cam sensor option for this engines year? if i was to go get a cam syncronizer from the wrecking yard, what do i have to do to install it?

Last edited:

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Redneck2012, also check your ECM relay, just throwing that out there, along with the ECM ground wires to the Battery.

redneck2012

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Redneck2012, also check your ECM relay, just throwing that out there, along with the ECM ground wires to the Battery.
ECM relay clicks when turn ignition on and as for the ECM ground wires thats the 2 wire plug deal right????? if so its good and hooked up to the battery

have power into and out of the ECM relay checked with probe

Last edited:

redneck2012

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

SVT
if it replaces the dizzy im blind and ford service tech is stupid for me not seeing or them telling me there is not on on this engine where the distributor would or could be, i personally own a 1992 ex 5 spd and i dont even have the connector plug for one and on the 94 ex engine there is a cap where the syncronizer would be and it wont come out to even put the cam/syncro in there but THE DONER RAN PERFECT WHEN IT CAME IN.

I have a plug that goes into the fuse dist box under hood (pic one) that has a red/w wire that is in pin # 9 and went to pin # 1 on hh harness on the 94 ex

pic 2 is the plug that would go into the cam sycro and or sensor what ever u wanna call it that i have found at a local yard but was told sense it never had one not to try to put it in

it wont let me upload them sense i already have uploaded the pics to another post

i have pulled the upper intake off to see if i missed something some where that it should go to but i didnt it is just a loose plug for all i can see

redneck2012

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
update.... with my beautiful g/f's help i had her hold the key in the start/crank position while i jump the starter we got it to run but once she let go of the key it would stall out any ideas on what it now could be

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Still sounds like the NSS or clutch switch to me.

On the Ex auto harness I spliced together the R/Lt Blu and Pink wires in the cannon plug to bypass the neutral switch.

redneck2012

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
its not the nss it cranks just fine but no fire or pulse

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

Dangerranger8903

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
89 bronco 2 4.0 swap wire problems

I'm having trouble get power to starter and fuel pump and I tried what you did in your thread

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals