• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Wow!!! Brother -in-laws Ford bonus

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
My brother-in-law is down from Ohio for a few days this week. They bought some property near us and are building a home pretty soon. They came down to see the builder. Today he tells me that last year he only got a $6,900 bonus from Ford. This year he gets an $8,900 bonus!!! Wow. Ford can just give that money away....lol!!! He works a 4 day work week and makes a little over $90,000. He is retiring pretty soon to move down here. Can't wait for them to get here. I miss them hanging around with us. Funny thing about my brother-in-law…he does not own a ford vehicle!!! Never has either. 30 years with that company and he never has owned a Ford?? I keep calling him a non-company man….lol

Brownie Mobile

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That should be illegal! Im sure he can get a discount and probably could pull a few strings and get a global ranger. Man if that was me id be a great representative for Ford with my Ford oval tattoo probably driving an f 150 if i couldnt get a global ranger.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
LOL...I agree, Bro!!! I would buy a couple of vehicles from Ford with that company discount and that really nice bonus he gets every year!! Wow!!!!

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Too bad they can't do something useful with all that money they pay out in bonuses and maybe raise the warranty labor times to something reasonable.

hopster

Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0, 5.0 can't decide
Transmission
Manual
Too bad they can't do something useful with all that money they pay out in bonuses and maybe raise the warranty labor times to something reasonable.
I agree 100%

enjr44

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 2X4; 08 FX4
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
A lot of big companies do the bonus thing. They call it a productivity bonus based on company profit. Boeing has been big on that for the last 20 years.

They do it so they don't have to raise your base pay as much to keep up with inflation, etc., and thus raise your retirement pay. Their not paying them for fun; but, to reduce their long range costs for the twenty years you live after your retire. Employees like them because they get a big chunk of money to do Christmas and stuff and retirement is always a long way down the road.

Last edited:

Mazda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
They do something useful with it. They give their employees a bonus!!!. I'm guessing you adsm08 that you work for a dealership. Until they start griping about the warranty labor times nothing will change. I do get your point. Don't get me wrong.

I work for a employee owned grocery store and we get two bonus per year. One at Christmas time witch is basically a gift card to use in the store. Last year 500.00$. Based on how long you have worked for the company. And a yearly stock option bonus. Last year 3,800$. Also based on how long you have worked.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
it dont always go that way....and not for everybody.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals