• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Wiring help needed.

2 bronco 11s

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford bronco 11
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
This is an 87 by the emissions sticker. I will go back and trace the purple wire. I forgot about it!! The yellow wires on the ignition switch must be hot all the time. You will see the Red wire on the turn signal switch. That is the dimmer wire for the headlights. The plug by the washer bottle similar to the plug you show is for all the lights , horn etc. What is the part number on the plug? Runs in between radiator and support to the starter solenoid. Should have fuse link some where along inner fender and solenoid. The three wires , black orange stripe , green red stripe , yellow white stripe all come off the alt harness. They are spliced goes both inside and to solenoid. This is the power supply to the inside and charging system. Check power to the ignition switch first. The guy said I can have the harness if I want it. But I used the Alt harness and the other plug on the Bronco.

Attachments

smudvapor

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
"Lets stop thinking in terms of limitations and start thinking in terms of possibilities."
There are 3 things to check also regarding the lights. Pull the cover off the steering column. Yellow wire on ignition switch should be 12 v all the time. Look at turn signal switch plug. See if RED wire has melted the plug. If so fix. Also the head light switch plug are noted to melt plug also. Its fun to get to. I don't know if you can blow these up to read. If you can I will send the second page.On my I phone I can read these. Not real good with computers!!
Thanks, I ordered the book you talked about. I will check it all out this afternoon.

smudvapor

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
"Lets stop thinking in terms of limitations and start thinking in terms of possibilities."
I am about ready to push this thing over a hill! I bought books, I bought harnesses, I have spent hours splicing and tracing wires. Nothing is working! I still have no lights, the starter won't engage, and I have wires that don't match the wires on the truck. I don't know what else to do.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals