• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Wire terminals for harness clip that connects to Ignition Control Module (91 3.0)

misterW

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I have a 91 3.0 that I've been trying to figure out why it has no spark. I narrowed it down to the ignition control module because the ICM was getting a pulse signal in from the distributor but was not sending it out to the coil. I replaced the ICM and still have the same issue. On closer inspection of the harness clip that plugs into the ICM, the terminal end of the wire in question appears corroded and damaged. I saw that I can solder in a new clip w/ 6 wires in place from Summit, but it costs $25, and I figured if I can just replace the 1 bad terminal, why not just do that. Know anywhere where I can find the type of wire terminal ends that are in that harness clip?

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Wrecking yard, Ford used the TFI modules from around 1983 to 1995

Your 3.0l used Remote mounted TFI module, many used TFI mounted on the distributor, but TFI module's 6-wire connector was the same

There were 4 different TFI modules, seen here: http://www.myo-p.com/Ford-EEC/EEC Help files/Stolen graphics/compare_TFIs.gif

Grey and Black colors are the big thing, different wiring on the connector(pin 4) but SAME connector so you can use either one

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals