• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Windows Programs on Android Tablet?

Tominator

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 S-Trim 450HP
Transmission
Manual
Have an ASUS Terminator coming and I was hoping to use it to data log from my PMS and Zeitronix setup on my Ranger.....so, any ideas on this subject?:icon_confused:

alexpmcmurphy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
im not sure about Zeitronix and PMS but android has a app available called Torque that does data logging and all kinds of fun things with your trucks computer, theres a free version in the android play store.

backwoods

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Haven't used those programs specifically, but it shouldn't be to hard to get a linux distro up and running on the asus, then for a simple windows based logger, wine may be sufficient. Although I am interested now with windows 8 being available in arm configs, if there will be a program to allow x86 based apps to work on it.

If those are simple data loggers, then even writing your an basic app to work shouldn't be too difficult provided you can figure out the correct hardware interface.

Tominator

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 S-Trim 450HP
Transmission
Manual
Did some research and decided to go laptop. There is a problem with the ARM processor running windows applications though there is a program one can but that I ran on to. It requires a very high end tablet per the hardware qualifications.

Will be delivered tomorrow but Groupon has free returns....I'll pay shipping of course but spending another $125 on a laptop that will run anything is a sure thing.

BTW, I have to Torque app on my Galaxy SII....along with a cheapo bluetooth adaptor is a must have for OBD II diagnostics!

This is an interesting subject though.

A couple of articles recently claim that Windows phones and tablets being released soon will all but drive Android out of the market.....Technology marches on!

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Tominator; could you post a little more information about the cheapo bluetooth adapter you mentioned, it sounds interesting.

Tominator

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 S-Trim 450HP
Transmission
Manual
Tominator; could you post a little more information about the cheapo bluetooth adapter you mentioned, it sounds interesting.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004KL0I9I/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00

Plug in into the port. Search for Bluetooth device. Enter code per instructions. It IS that easy! Connects everytime with the Torque Pro app...Best $20 I ever spent...app is $4.99.

I've used it several times on different cars.

In theory one could replace the whole guage set in an OBD II car or truck with an android tablet w/bluetooth and this device. Complete touch screen interactive dash board! Internet, music, etc and all literally at your fingertips....:headbang:

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the info. think I'll try to find out if it's possible to get one over the border without it costing a fortune, I've not had good experiences in the past.

Tominator

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 S-Trim 450HP
Transmission
Manual
They are on Ebay as well....you might find a Canadien vendor.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals