• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Windows 8 Pro

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
What do y'all think? I just installed a new harddrive in my laptop and started fresh with Windows 8 Pro, so far I'm loving it... There are somethings I ain't figured out yet but overall it's awesome. The Start Screen (or app screen) is pretty cool.

I just gotta figure out the best way to get my iTunes/iPhone back sync'ed without redoing everything... Might just not sync it anymore till I get my new phone (if I ever get the money).

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
the "Play To:" option is my favorite so far... I can play any videos from my laptop straight to my xbox. no more hooking my laptop to my tv via VGA and Audio or HDMI cable.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I've been using windows 8 for about three weeks on my laptop. I don't mind it batik dont like it as much as Mac OS X or Linux, but it's not bad for a portable laptop I don't use often.

One thing I noticed is I set up google chrome from the start menu, an if I open it from the old school desktop, it has none if the settings saved and thinks the program has never been used. Found that annoying as fuk. Could be different in the actual release though idk.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
I've used chrome both ways with no issues. Idk.. I like it.

Twister

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985 1987
Make / Model
Duh
Engine Size
5.0L, 2.9L
Transmission
Manual
I must be weird. My brother installed in on a spare hard drive for his laptop. One word, Horrid.

The main problem is the that there is no connection between desktop mode and the "Metro" ui. If i open a program on the desktop mode, save things to it and what not. It will not appear on the metro side and vice versa. To much stuff is hidden, like settings.

For being a OS that was suppose to be crazy intuitive, they failed. It was built for a touch tablet then ported to a PC.

3.0ranger1227

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I'm thinking about ditching my laptop for a surface w/ windows 8 pro when it comes out. Looks like a good way to go for me anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
I must be weird. My brother installed in on a spare hard drive for his laptop. One word, Horrid.

The main problem is the that there is no connection between desktop mode and the "Metro" ui. If i open a program on the desktop mode, save things to it and what not. It will not appear on the metro side and vice versa. To much stuff is hidden, like settings.

For being a OS that was suppose to be crazy intuitive, they failed. It was built for a touch tablet then ported to a PC.

I've used it for work all day, I just stay on the desktop while using work/excel/publisher and so on... I didn't have any issues with the stuff being hidden? it's just like the old start menu IMO. when I need the start menu I just hit the window key. Easy.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

I agree 100%
That's why I don't use it often lol.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic

anatolamike

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Windows 8 is here and the new iteration of the ubiquitous OS represents one of the most dramatic shift in functionality the Microsoft platform has ever seen.
It looks to impel a massive change both in the way software and hardware are designed, as the touch sensitive control scheme has inspired an architectural evolution in the new generation of Windows-based PCs and laptops.

3.0ranger1227

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
What is the difference between Windows 8 RT and Windows 8 Pro?
As I understand RT is the true tablet version - I.e. only has the touch interface and can only run tablet apps. Pro has the ability to run normal windows apps as well as the touch interface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tominator

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 S-Trim 450HP
Transmission
Manual
I bought a laptop a month ago with 7 and took MS up on the 8 upgrade.

Nice OS for a change! Usually the differences MS deploys are not very user friendly or performance oriented, but 8 is a different animal all together!

Can't wat until the Windows Phone platform matures!

Now to dual boot with Linux...:icon_hornsup:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals