• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Winch

fordman49450

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I am on a budget had want to spend 400.00 or less on a 8000lb winch. I am stuck between 2 winch's. The Mile Marker 8000, and the XRC8 by Smittybilt. The Mile Marker i can get for 360.00 or whatever premium member price is. I can get the smittybilt for 300.00. I have read a few responses on this website about how slow the Mile Marker is and problems with it. But then I also read somewhere this XRC8 is made by Mile Marker? Anyways. I was wondering what your opinions are? I will not be heavy wheeling, I will hit some trails and maybe a few mud holes maybe a few times a year, so It might get used 3-5 times a year at most. I just want one for those times when your manliness gets ahead of your brain and common sense :) Thanks and by the way, here is the XRC8 http://www.smittybilt.com/product/index/38.htm the only downfall is they are on a month back order :(

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
You will not get a faster winch until you get away from the permanent magnet motors used on cheap winches.
The Warn M8000 has a series-wound motor and sells for around $600-700 last time I looked.

Of course if you think you'll only be using it once in a while for the occasional stuck, the speed of the winch might not matter much. A slow winch will still get you out of a mud pit when you need it to.

fordman49450

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
ok, Thanks. I think I will go with the XRC8 for the price. LIke I said, it wont get used on a regular basis. thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals