• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Will this fit in my Ranger?

rangertodd

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I'm looking at a 12' aluminum v-hull row boat for fishing. It doesn't have a trailer, so I was thinking of carrying it in the bed of my '99 shortbox until I can get a trailer for it. The bed is 6', but the tailgate should add another foot to the end, giving me 5' of overhang. Ever done this before? Will it work?

94STXRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 302
Transmission
Manual
you can probably haul it. Make sure it is strapped in from all directions. I carried the same boat in my truck with my tool box in it. Not far but we used pleanty of ties and it held strong. If your going a distance and it sticks out farther than five feet(In missouri, its probably different in other states) you have to have a red flag on it.

metalmacguyver

Yeah, I built that.
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 7.3
Transmission
Manual
you can. a red flag is required (by law or by common safety practice). i would recommend 4 eye bolts in the corners of your bed on the floor so that you can strap it down securely and dont have to worry about it tipping out. then a strap from the over hanging end to the bed rails to hold it from sliding out length wise.

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
Probably so; I've hauled some hellacious stuff over the years. I think I'd try loading it stern first, upside-down, and definitely strap it in triple what you think it needs. All of your other stuff should be loaded into the truck bed as far forward as possible, as the almost-half of the boat hanging out the back is going to put some weight way out there to the rear of the axle. Let us know how it works out, and post a picture if you can; I like to see Rangers proving how "utility" they really are. Good luck, and I hope the biguns are biting for ya.

rangertodd

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks guys, I'm going to look at it today. I'll let you know how it goes.

odie1969

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l sohc
Transmission
Automatic
what about putting a ladder rack on then flipping the but upside down bow first up over the cab.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals