• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Will a 5.0 mount to my stock '03 Rangers 4x4 manual trans?

TonkaMan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Liter
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I am glad you are working on this still...but ecoboost swaps are out there...and shit canning pats and turnkey systems are readily available.

Do you have HP Tuners?

Do you know who hot wires are? Mars?

Problem I am seeing with the big 6 ecoboost and rangers is packaging and airflow alteration... Then tuning for airflow.

The tuning is fickle on them.

4 cylinder otoh... is pretty good..
I'm looking at an untuned 2.3L crate motor designed for a Mustang, with the Ford Performance standalone control pack. Packaging on the V6s looks to be too difficult, like you said. It's been done before, but not anything I'd like to attempt. It took a professional shop hundreds of hours to do it, and with the 2005 being CAN based the instruments worked without the modification my 1997 will need. Fat Fender Garage in Arizona was able to fit the V6 from a F150 Raptor into a 2005 Ranger.

2005 Ecoboosted Ranger vs 2018 Ecoboosted Raptor - YouTube

Ford Ranger Ecoboost Swap Update (IT FITS!!) | Fat Fender Garage - YouTube

mikkelstuff

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Mirage775: I see you are located in Huntsville, AL. If you need help with a swap, go see AAron Automotive in Grant - 256-728-5650. Great custom vehicle work. They sorted out the EFI (Holley Sniper) problems with my '75 Ranchero.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I would love the idea of a 2.7 EcoBoost swap, but I am not finding anything out on the interwebs about that. Can you provide some guidance bobbywalter?
The 2.7 is an unmitigated shitshow. The timing drive is retarded. The plastic one time use oil pan is sealed to the metal block only by silicone, which causes leaking issues. Newer units are being equipped with a belt driven oil pump inside the engine, a system that has already been shown to be prone to failure on other engines.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals