• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Will 01 3.0 fit in a 93

Shane 99 4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Got a 01 donor truck with 3.0 auto 4x4
That's been rolled , can I use that engine in my 93 that also had a 3.0 , it's a 2wd 5 speed ,

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Shane 99 4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
That didn't tell me what would have to be done to swap from 01 to a 93 ,like what all has to be changed , just looking for advice , never used forums before , if you know where this has been talked about before please send me a link .

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Must have overlooked the lines in the tech article about the upper intakes being changed in 98, and again in 01 then?

There's a post 2 posts below yours titled "Is a 3.0 a 3.0" that has good info.

I don't mean to be a jerk, it's just that many of these questions have been answered before. Many people come here and ask questions without bothering to look for the answer on their own first.

Shane 99 4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
It's cool , like I said I never used a forum in my life . I did search , and found a lot if good info , basically was wanting to know if everything would as far as wiring goes would be the same or at least simple to swap , I understand that the block and all is same but was not sure of other components , and really prob. every question on here has been asked several times , time and time again . I did see where it said the intakes were changed that's primarily the reason I asked , does that mean that it will not work or can I use that intake in a 93 . Or does the intake need to be used from old engine . These are the things I do not know and either could not find , or didn't know how to find in other post . Any info is appreciated , not trying to bog you down with repeat questions , I will look again to see if I can find the info I need .

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Use the lower and upper intakes, distributor, and engine wiring harness from the 93 engine.

If you're feeling like modding, the 01 upper intake manifold/ throttle body is a better design than the old 93, but would probably require you to use the 01 air intake tube and air box, which may require you to do some under hood relocating.

Shane 99 4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Cool , thanks man, think I'm going to give it a go ..

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals