• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

why

Funnyman141

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
87, 94
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
I personally dislike the 350's around here, there are about 12 vehicles with a swapped in 350's but there STOCK plus they didn't do it themselves so yea....
Otherwise I love any small v8
biuck/olds 215,chevy 283,ford 289,ford 292,ford/chevy 302,dodge 318,chevy 327 (have one:thefinger:),ford 351,ford 360,chevy 400

hopefully you get my point

red86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
whatever

hey mike

If you say I am a tool... Fine.

Keyboard warrior...Whatever.

If you want a pissing match, bring it.

What makes you so professional?

I suggest if you are going to play this game you bring somthing good.

"up here in Canada it takes more than a guy with a screwdriver to be a mechanic"

fordmike1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 & 1983
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0l
Transmission
Automatic
I think that my 20+ years of turning wrenches professionally for a living and the fact that I am ASE MASTER cert, Moog cert and held a ATRA cert for a while would make me professional in the automotive feild. I have built cars and trucks from stock everyday drivers to high performance race cars like the 850+ HP small block ford Mustang sitting in my driveway right now as we speak. My first car was a 70 Camaro with a 307 that was a little bad ass then my 67 Chevelle 327 4-speed to my 69 Chevelle 396 and my 66 El Camino with a .060 454 that was stupid fast. The best and funest car that I ever had was a 71 Maverick Grabber with a nasty 11:5.1 302, C4 w/4500 converter and a 8" with 4.62 gears in it. That car ran 10.80's@128+ and I drove that car everyday. I have built many Engines, Tranny's, Rear ends and many types of vehicals that my friends have had over the years from American to Imports. If you want to get it on then you better not bring a knife to a gun fight as I WILL SMOKE YOU ! ! ! :icon_rofl:

Teddyzee

December 2011 STOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L HO, GT40 heads, GT40 intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster muffl
Transmission
Manual
"up here in Canada it takes more than a guy with a screwdriver to be a mechanic"
Crap, and I only have the screwdriver.

COPPERHEAD85

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Don't feel bad..............mines left handed and I'm right............go figure..

fordmike1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 & 1983
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0l
Transmission
Automatic
Damn, How did you build your Ranger then? I heard that it takes more then a screw driver to be a machanic up there. :icon_rofl:
Did you have red86 build it for you? As we all know he the shi t up there and he has a screw driver AND a adjustable wrench. The only thing that I cant figure out is how did you get him to put a SBF in your truck instead of a SB Shitrolet? :icon_confused:

Oh well here's to you red86 :thefinger:.

Silver talon84

May 2010 STOTM
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I wrecked my 02 escalade earlier this winter. And I keep eyeballing my 6.0 HO that is in it, and then eyeing the ranger....... Thinking...... dreaming.....

That and curious if I had some custom shorter front drive shafts, if the whole awd setup from the escalade could be swapped in or not. Boy would that be crazy!

But my 2.3 turbo will do quite nicely!

Im also sick of the nice old hotrods with 327's and 350's in them. Put a mopar in it if you really have too, but not a 350!

red86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I have a sharp stick and the real Visegrip brand locking pliers too

Teddyzee

December 2011 STOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L HO, GT40 heads, GT40 intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster muffl
Transmission
Manual
Ah, finally coming around ;)

Silver talon84, that would be awesome.

As far as disliking SBC's in Ford streetrods, you just need to know the history. Back in '55, that was only, or most common, choice. Hotrods were (and are...) built with whatever was around. Pontiacs, Chevys...
It's not until the early to mid 60's that the small block Ford appeared. That's a long time after the last Deuce was produced. (oh, wait, they still make '32's, don't they?!)

I'd rather see a Ford in a Ford, but if you see something cool, there's usually a reason.

baddad457

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
:D I have a complete assortment of "multi-tools", does that count ? :icon_confused:

baddad457

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Naw, not in Canada, but there's a few Coon asses here that are decendants of Canadians though.:icon_cheers:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals