• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

why all "water car/hydrogen generators" are scams

rboyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.hoe
Transmission
Manual
Ok, so if you have a 4.0 liter engine and you're running it at 1000 RPM's for a minute straight you suck in 2000 liters of fuel/air and 1.7 of those liters will be your "magic hydrogen juice". So .085 percent of what your engine sucks in is from the water bottle under the hood. Now this is just what happens at 1000 RPM's, so what happens at 2000? That's right the amount doubles but the hydrogen/oxygen mix you're feeding it stays the same if it's only generating 1.7LPM. The ONLY viable way I could see Hydrogen being used to add some type of efficiency to a vehicle would be if you had a generator installed to kick on and assist with braking, store the normally lost braking power which just wastes your pads, then use it to generate hydrogen upon acceleration. The only thing is that car companies do something like that already, but instead of hydrogen they use electric motors.

thegoat4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
mhm what your saying is its putting more stress on the alternator right? what you say thats where i have paid for it?

but what i dont understand is, why didnt putting a subwoofer (dont know the amps being pulled by that) and foglights (thats like 5 amps) decrease my gas mileage, if thats the case?

just trying to get answers for that one, dont go blabing on about how im an idiot
If you take a few gallons of water from a swimming pool you definitely have less water in the pool, but the difference would take a great deal of work to measure. Putting an additional small load on your alternator is the same. It's there, but very hard to measure, so you aren't going to see the difference at your gauge needle.

All of the home-brew HHO generators are very small capacity and when people make measurements correctly they consistently notice no change. If they could take the measurements needed they'd notice a net loss of economy.

Likewise if they were to build an HHO generator with enough capacity to really supply the engine, they would see a decrease in fuel economy because they'd expend so much effort generating the very large amount of electricity needed to make all that HHO. The vehicle's engine would bog down like an engine welder does when you establish your arc.

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
And once again you have not addressed any of my statements OR given examples as to how I do not "understand" the topic being discussed and how I have been as you say 'throwing random terms together in meaningless ways'. Perhaps they're meaningless to you because you failed to take the time to actually read the posts. Any discussion involving science is a scientific discussion.
The shortcomings of your statements have been addressed multiple times by more than one source/person. We can't make you read it apparently, but it has been done.

lifted4.0

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
mhm, all being said, i have no clue how i got 24.5 mpg out of my 4.0, thats pretty good from what i have seen....dont know what it is, havent cleaned anything, just put a HHO generator in...soo who knows...

all i know is that i will probably keep running it because my brain tells me to..for some reason an extra 4.5 mpg is better than 0.

Bent Bolt

Ford Technician
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Supercharged 4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Again I ask, HAS ANYONE USED A SCAN TOOL TO MONITOR FUEL TRIMS AND O2 SENSOR READINGS WHILE RUNNING A HHO CRAP-O-MATIC ???? Do you guys who claim those things work even know what I'm talking about ???

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Again I ask, HAS ANYONE USED A SCAN TOOL TO MONITOR FUEL TRIMS AND O2 SENSOR READINGS WHILE RUNNING A HHO CRAP-O-MATIC ???? Do you guys who claim those things work even know what I'm talking about ???
One of the earlier posts had a link to a Popular Science blog that did just that.

He found a constant injector pulse width, as the machine was turned on and off.

Bent Bolt

Ford Technician
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Supercharged 4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
One of the earlier posts had a link to a Popular Science blog that did just that.

He found a constant injector pulse width, as the machine was turned on and off.
I'll look for that link later, time for bed right now.

Constant as in " no change in pulse width as the machine was activated " ??

That pretty well sums it up then, doesn't it.

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Last edited:

Bent Bolt

Ford Technician
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Supercharged 4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Been 5 days and no one has posted. Everyone give up ???

:stirthepot:

superdave1984

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
OK, we actually made one of these things today. We did NOT hook it up to a car, but built it to see what happens. We had a mixture of 1/2 teaspoon of lye mixed with a half gallon distilled water. We used stainless steel wall outlet covers and a 3/8" tube for the gas to go out. We ran the other end of the tube into a jar of water so we could see the bubbles out of it. When we hooked it to a car battery almost immediately there was an enormous amount of bubbling in the water/lye/stainless steel. I mean an ENORMOUS amount. So much in fact that the 3/8" tube could not vent it all out and it blew the lid off the container. So we reduced the amount of lye by half and tried again. This time the container didn't blow up and we had a steady bubbling of gas in the jar of water. Which we lit with a long lighter and of course it burned instantly with a good POP. Then we noticed that the plastic container lid was melting where the wires were connected so we shut it off. The stainless steel wire we used to connect the battery to the plates was much too small for the amps and got very hot. I have no way of knowing how much hydrogen we released. The guy who went to the class said the instructor hooks the outlet tube to an intake vacuum port so it sucks all of the gas into the intake instead of just running the tube into the air inlet hose. There will be more tests and of course we will go "Mythbusters" and see how big a BOOM we can get by doing things you're not supposed to do. I want to get a lined metal container and insulate the leads going into it, use a metal lid that can be put on very tight, put about 4 times the amount of lye and hook some really long wires like maybe a long extension cord and give it power to see how big a boom we get. It was kind of fun and I really wish we had a video camera going.

rboyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.hoe
Transmission
Manual
Maybe you could blow up a few dozen balloons with the stuff, tie them all together and detonate it from a safe distance.

baddad457

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
No, it's mental masturbation.

It's not science if energy conservation doesn't apply.

If you want personal tutoring, it's $40/hour. You've been given enough free stuff already.
Your title says you're a "Technical Advisor" :rolleyes:So far in everything I've seen you post, you're the one who seems to be enjoying the masturbation here. You don't contribute anything more than what a yapping dog does. You're certainly poor excuse for a "tecnical advisor" :icon_thumby:

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Just because you don't understand what someone says doesn't mean they are a "yapping dog"

baddad457

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I understand everything he's saying, but the way he says it reminds me of a yapping dog. He's constantly putting others down instead of trying to carry on an intelligent conversation. Sounds to me like you need some work too if you don't see that.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals