• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Who has swapped intake manifolds from a newer 3.0 to an older one?

locovaca

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I did to mine. The thermostat bolts broke off in the lower, saw that the 98-01 style was a little better designed so I pulled both the lower and upper and put them on my 93. The issue is that the stock 93 intake tubing doesn't mate perfectly. The 98 TB bends in at a 45 degree angle or so while the 93 goes straight towards the fan.

So I'm trying to devise a solution to this problem. The 93 tubing has a flexible section at the TB which does bend to take care of the angle, but it makes the long portion of the tubing a couple of inches too long. So I thought about cutting out part of the middle long section to take out those couple of inches but I'm not sure how I'd join the two pieces together other than duct tape.

I thought about going with a 98 tubing + filter box setup but that looked like even more work than just trying to get my 93 box to fit (filter draws the air from a different spot on the firewall, for one).

I'm sure I'm in the minority and most people who swapped use a cone filter, but I don't really want to pay for one. I suppose I could go with some aftermarket tubing but I don't really know whats out there and how you'd incorporate the breather tube into it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals