• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Who has a pressure washer? Looking for suggestions.

compleckz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'm looking to get a pressure washer for cleaning the truck, in sick of spending 3 hours with a garden hose getting the mud out from underneath.

what models does everyone have/what one would you recommend?

im thinking under $150 or less, electric, induction motor if possible in that price range.. whatever psi i can get for the price, anything will be better than the house spout!

thanks

mkpecor

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger 4x4
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
honda makes really nice ones. thats all i have ever had. but tons of different ones out there.

samsonitesamsonite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have a gas powered craftsman 3.5 HP, and I love it.

Destroyer000

January 2009 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0. 4.0 Supercharged
Transmission
Manual
ive got one from lowes.. paid 100 for it.. its 100 or 120.. its a task force 1700 psi an it works AWESOME for mud removal. its electric..

snake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Get something with a honda engine on it. Northern tool makes some generics with different engines, but the place isn't known for steep discounts.

WildSide

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Don’t be wasting your time or money on those little wiener electric pressure washers you will be disappointed but at least you will entertain the neighbours. Get a good quality triplex plunger pump driven by either electric or Honda.
Ya gotta love those 13 horse 4 GPM 4000 PSI ones!

JFA_Spyderman

Law Enforcement
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Yo,
I have a Landa pressure washer, they are now owned by shark who is now owned by Kartcher. Mine is one of the older ones and is amazing! You deffinatley get what you pay for when it comes to pressure washers.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Getting a 4,000 psi one is a waste, IMHO, because unless you plan to go around pressure washing peoples driveways an stuff, you're never gonna have a need to crank it all the way up. All the way up and you're liable to start tearin through the floor of your truck. Plus really high pressure can slice right through plastic and rubber lines and damage electric wires.

An el-cheapo would probably suffice. If it was me though, I'd be looking to get one of those washers that can shoot heated water and soap, I got to use one of those to clean off a front-end loader once... had that thing shiny clean new looking in no time flat.

canyoncritter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Willys,Ford,Jee
Transmission
Manual
4gpm? shit can his water supply(Im thinking garden hose off othe house etc) handle that?

I have a troy built with a brigs 4.5hp 2200 psi. 2.2 gpm.and it will over run a water source off most "off the house bibs" unless using the needle nozzle. think that one is 2.0 gpm.And yes the needle nozzle will cut threw stuff if not carfeull. blow the insulation off of wiring etc.EVen will cutt skin threw clothes.....still waiting for the pay back on how I found that out lol
Any of the other nozzle's I need to run it off a un restricted water source with good volume and a comerical hose.or it will over run the water sorce.

if I rember right I picked it up at lowe's or home dump for right around 200, been about 4 years ago, has done alot of work with no down time.A few of the neighbors around me have bought the same machine and havent had any problems with it ethier.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=248609-348-20292&lpage=none

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=248613-348-20293&lpage=none
those two are very close to what I have

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I have a Devilbiss 3000 psi with a Honda GX160 engine and Annovi Reverbi pump. It is now 8 years old, never properly winterized (it's cold here) and it works perfect except the bypass release goes when the engine is off, making a whining noise and allowing water to run out. It is not a big deal and in no way effects performance. It will remove mud easily, also will clean concrete, siding and remove paint from a fence with ease.

I can't recommend a good Honda-powered washer enough.

WildSide

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Jason, the high pressure bypass release should be plumed into the intake line, or is it the easy start valve? those are suposed to act that way.
Yep take care of those hondas and they will give years of service, no coment on the chonda knock offs though.

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I am thinking its for starting because it is before the unloader. It didn't do anything for about the first 3 years though. It doesn't bother me though, it just works perfect.

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I never thought about the GPM, but that is probably the pump rating with a 0' head--ie. no hose on it. Meaningless. Mine is a Karcher with a 160 Honda motor and says 2400psi. I wash the cars with it.

metalmacguyver

Yeah, I built that.
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 7.3
Transmission
Manual
4gpm? shit can his water supply(Im thinking garden hose off othe house etc) handle that?

Alot of todays new construction (houses) have flow limiting spouts and faucets. Also, a well pump may have trouble keeping up with a pressure washer but at my house, I can fill a 5 gallon bucket in less than a minute with the garden hose.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals