• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

which speakers to replace?

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i will eventually replace them all, they all sound good, but my buddy decided to be an awesome friend and buy me some MTX thunder dome axials for the truck for christmas. they only had 2 in stock, so that's all he was able to get me, i'm pretty excited, from what I can find, they will fit front or back, but I cant decide where to put them! Logic says put them in the front, because that's where I sit, but when I played with the fader, if i put it all the way to the back, so the front speakers were turned off, it sounded 10x better than all the way forward, with the back speakers off. Keep in mind i am 6'2" so the seat is all the way back, i practically sit in the back seat

so i'm leaning towards replacing the back speakers, what do you guys think?

veefer800canuck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger FX4
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Last edited:

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
lol, GREAT!!!!

got any suggestions to getting it apart without smashing holes in things?

ES894x4

December 2013 STOTM
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
If you only have 1 set and itll be a while before you get the other, throw them up front where youll hear them most and keep the fade balanced.

veefer800canuck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger FX4
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
lol, GREAT!!!!

got any suggestions to getting it apart without smashing holes in things?
Yes. Get yourself a set of those trim clip remover thingys.

XLTsplash

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Ranger door panels are super easy to remove. Remove the two screws from the door pull bezel, then pull the bezel off. Then you will need to remove the screw that's under the bezel and the screw in the lower back corner of the panel. If you have manual windows you will need to remove the window crank. Just pop the window crank cover loose opposite the window crank knob and remove the screw. If you have power windows and locks you can just unplug the switches or just fish the bezel out of the big hole in the panel and leave the switches plugged in. After that the Ranger door panels just lift off. I love the way Ford installed the the door panels on the newer Rangers because you can remove the panels many times without damage and no clips to replace. I put my best speakers in the rear of my Ranger because the turn the fade a little to the rear. Then in my regular cab I have the seat all of the way back and it blocks a lot of the good sound from the speakers. The rear speakers are easy to replaced. Just remove the four screws the hold the grilles in place. You can also put dynomat on the metal behind the speakers for better sound.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals