• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Which LS to buy?

RavoHimself

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
hey everybody. so i bought a 03 ranger a few months ago to replace my baby. 210K i figured it was time to get something a little more new. anyway. this truck came with an open dif which i hate. its killing me always having a tire brake loose when i dont need it to. i really like the idea of the gear driven limiteds. constant ratio, no wearing out, smooth. and tax returns are coming up so figured i would spend it wisely

it looks like my main options are the Torsen and the Trutrac. i want something thats good in snow and dirt but still fun on the street. like say if i did a burn out or slid a corner. i want to know both tires are going to break free and be controllable. i know torsen offers the T2 and T2R which supposedly has a higher bias ratio.

which LS would you choose?

RavoHimself

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
also the truetrac is obviously the cheaper choice but if the Torsen is a lot better i dont mind the extra money

mkimber

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I had a truetrac in my old silverado and loved it! I have a powertrax no slip in the ranger it's awesome but primarily an off road toy. It does fine on the street though. Another advantage of the no slip is you can install it yourself, no need to set up gears.

RavoHimself

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
we have a no slip in our jeep. works great off road. good on road if you know how to drive it. only issue is i dont feel like feathering the throttle around corners and if someone else needs to drive my truck i dont need them to break anything.

can i put the true trac in the front axle as well? or is it weird because its IFS? not that i really need it but go big or go home i guess. why not get the best traction possible

RavoHimself

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
did a little of my own research. no truetrac for the ifs but torsen has a T-2 for it for 500. might look into that

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals