• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Where to get rear window seal for sliding section

James Morse

1997 XLT 4.0L 4x4 1999 Mazda B3000 2wd
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 and 1999
Make / Model
XLT 4x4 & B3000
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L in XLT, 3.0L in B3000
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31x10.5-15 K02's on the Ranger, 235/75R15 on Mazda
My credo
The perfect is the enemy of the good.
It's a short piece about 13" long that when the sliding center part of the window closes it seals it tight against water. It looks almost like a piece of windshield wiper. I'm searching on the web and I can't find this thing. Mine is just old/worn and doesn't seat securely in its groove, it's useless. Seems like a small thing but I suspect that without it, water can get in there then you have a different problem. Help?

James Morse

1997 XLT 4.0L 4x4 1999 Mazda B3000 2wd
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 and 1999
Make / Model
XLT 4x4 & B3000
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L in XLT, 3.0L in B3000
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31x10.5-15 K02's on the Ranger, 235/75R15 on Mazda
My credo
The perfect is the enemy of the good.
Ansering my own post, lol. I went to Safelite on Williamson figuring they might have a similar seal that I could make work. I told the guy you can see it's not symmetrical, it goes in a certain way. He knew that. He was like, it works like so. Mine, the felt-ish outer part was fine, it was the part that goes in the groove that was messed up and it wouldn't stay in there. He says, I have poly glue I can put that in and it will stay put. I ask him how much will that cost me, and he says, it's five minutes, it won't cost you anything. The only thing is you need to not touch it for at least 24 hours then you should be good to go.

Pretty nice of them, not often you get free fixes. If I have glass problems, you know where I'm going. I bet they do window seals too. I actually have a few where they shrink and you start seeing some creeping over the glass. You know what I mean, I'm sure. I've had it happen pretty often in old vehicles. Not a big concern as long as it's not super ugly and isn't leaking. Pretty far down on the list. That said, if anyone has ever replaced those big seals, or had someone do it, I'd be interested to know. Those seals I think are pretty easily available.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals