• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Where to buy gears

red93terror

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
7.3 turbo
Transmission
Manual
Ok guys first I want to extend my utmost gratitude to all that helped me figure out that I needed to regear. The problem was that I have a 3.0 running 32s with 3.73 gears. It wont even reverse out of my driveway b/c its 2 steep. any way, I found a site that sells the 7.5 rear gears, but they only carry jeep d35 fronts, and i dont have a clue as to whether its a reverse gear or what. all i know it its a 3.73 true dana 35. i looked up the numbers here. I have the numbers 610419. can any body provide me with a site that sells gears specifically for my app? I dont want to spend more than $200 for the gear, as I need to replace the rear too, obviously. Now I also need advice, the 4.11 and 4.56 rear are the same price, but which will give me better fuel economy and the best towing power? It absolutely pisses it off to try and pull my atv. I dont want to turn over 25-2600 in fifth at 65, but I dont want it to be a turd anymore. I only get 6 mpg right now and it drinks 3/8 of a tank for a 58.8 mile round trip to my job thanks in advance

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
you have reverse cut gears: CLICKY

for 32" tires, id go with 4.56's at least. 4.88's would be better, but would require an 8.8 axle upgrade.

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
I think 4.56s would be great with a 3.0 and 32s, turning over 2600 RPMs isn't going to hurt anything, with a 3.0 you'll probably gain milage by running at 2700-2900.

And there's no such thing as a jeep D35 front. I bought my gears at completeoffroad.com

Hardwareman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I'm running 4.56's and must say that if you don't YOU WILL regret it. Trust me, I've had them for years now with my 31's and they are perfect. I bought mine from "4 Wheel Parts" and NEVER had any problems with them.

Allen

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals