• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Where to buy EGR tube/pipe 96 Ford ranger 4.0

EMSRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
After spending agood amount of money the truck is fixed and inspected. My only real problem now is the stupid spindle nuts backing off. No matter what I do they seem to wanna back off. I'm thinkin of blue threadlock. I see there is a trick to doing it to make sure you dont overtighten the inner nut. I may need a new locking ring on each side. They just may be worn out...

Got one from Ford, both the intake tube and the exhaust manifold tubeplus EGR itself. Getting all replaced. And then, the truck should urn c
herry, the tubes are disintegrating in my hands.... not fun... Need it for Inspection. DOHT If the truck was a year older, I wouldnt have these issues.

So I ordered this from NAPA which is "supposed to be the right one" Let's hope it is, and if it is I just found a way to save a butt load of money cause for wanted a couple pennies for it. I will let you all know!!! http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx?A=CRB240010_0354276740&An=599001+101996+50028+2028044+26841&Ar=AND%28P_RecType%3aA%29

does anyone know where I can locate a decently priced EGR tube/pipe for a 1996 Ford Ranger with a 4.0 liter motor? My EGR valve and tube are done for and I've been feverishly trying to get this truck back together for re inspection. It turns out my evap problem was a purge valve flow sensor, AGAIN, but my emissions issue is with the EGR valve and Pipe. I CANNOT seem to find the pipe again. I know the dealer wants a LOT of money for it.
Let me know folks and thanks in advance!!!

Last edited:

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Where are you located?

In PA if you can get two places to tell you the part is unavailable and sign a paper for the DMV you can get a variance for that system.

Barring that, try rockauto.com and junk yards.

EMSRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah im in Orange county ny so that option isnt available. I know ford has it but it is really really expensive. I will also try junkyards tomorrow. Rock auto didnt seem to have it. I know they have it for 93-94s but nothing for the 96

CHKNFKR

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
545 CID
Transmission
Manual
do you have a part number?

EMSRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I do not have the part number unfortuneately. I wish i did ... woulda made it a lot better and easier to find. I cant for the life of me remember where i may have put it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals