• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

where is the mp3/aux connection

greasemonkey6886

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
My dad has a 2007 Ranger with a factory stereo w/mp3 capability and 6 disk changer. He asked me where to plug up the mp3 since there are no visible input jacks on it. Told him I didn't know but I knew where to ask so any ideas? I am guessing it is on the back of unit but unsure. Like I said, this is a factory unit from Ford. Since he lives in Texas I can't just go over and look for it for him. Thanks!

mini274

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Shoul be a jack on the outside that looks like a headphone jack that he plugs into... At least thats how it is on my cousins

backroad101

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Does it mean there is an audio jack or does it mean it will play CDs with MP3s on it?

Last edited:

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That is a mp3 cd player. The mp3s must be on a disc.

greasemonkey6886

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
ok I get the mp3 thing but what about the fact that this unit also has an "aux" button? I realize now that I forgot to post that fact on original post...sorry!

rangercrawler

Reaction score

My 2008 has the mp3 input right on the dashboard its in the same place the airbag shut-off switch is on this ^ picture, idk if 2007's are the same :dunno:

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
i just rode in my friend's 2010 ranger and its in the same place as the pic posted by ranger crawler.

backroad101

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Automatic
So can anyone confirm how it is wired? Is there a pluhg in connection on the back of the head unit? On older models, would it be as simple as getting a 2010 headunit and running a cable?

Last edited:

greasemonkey6886

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Ok guys I will call dad and tell him to look there on the dash again. This kinda sucks because he lives so far away and I can't just look at it and help him. I probably just have him send me pics of the dash and stereo.Thanks for the help!

makindue

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
My dad has a 2007 Ranger with a factory stereo w/mp3 capability and 6 disk changer. He asked me where to plug up the mp3 since there are no visible input jacks on it. Told him I didn't know but I knew where to ask so any ideas? I am guessing it is on the back of unit but unsure. Like I said, this is a factory unit from Ford. Since he lives in Texas I can't just go over and look for it for him. Thanks!
I am also looking for it. I want to know also where I can find it. If I will find it, I will post it here. I will wait for the response of the other members here. :D:icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals