• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Where is the jack in the Ranger?

suprapsu

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Okay I know this is dumb question but where is the jack located in the ranger?

I noticed once I open my hood that there is the long crank arm for the jack. I see the spare tire in the bottom rear. One thing I can't find is the jack. Where is it located in the Ranger?

powerranger262

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
On my extended cab, it was between the two back seats, in the plastic cup holder thingy.

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
what year ranger u have and what cab style??
if reg cab its behind the passenger seat, on a plastic box in the floor, unscrew the black piece holding it and there it is

babytruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
mines behind the pass seat under a plastic cover happy hunting

suprapsu

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
mine is a 1994 reg. cab.

I noticed that there is a screw thingy on the passenger side but no jack to be found. Is it inside the carpet or something?

Maybe the previous owner forgot to put it back?

Black_Splash

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
If it's an extended cab. They also like to hide them behind the passenger side jump seat.

jhammel85

...This makes me wonder what my previous owner was thinking...Mine was found on the driverside wheel well under the hood! If its not there or anywhere else, like the back seats, I bet the previous owner tossed it. But if you really want a stock Jack, usually junkyards sell them for pretty cheap.:icon_thumby:

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Sometimes they come up MIA. On a reg cab it should be attached to the floor behind the seat. If it's not there or stuffed under the seat, it's probably gone. I never cared much for the stock jack anyway, IMHO you're better off buying a decent hydro bottle jack.

GoodOld85BlueBalls

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2010/2013
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0Powerstroke/3.5 EcoBoost
Transmission
Manual
Sometimes they come up MIA. On a reg cab it should be attached to the floor behind the seat. If it's not there or stuffed under the seat, it's probably gone. I never cared much for the stock jack anyway, IMHO you're better off buying a decent hydro bottle jack.
+1

Yes ditch the stock jack for a Hydrolic bottle jack. Those stock jacks kill people.

heptofite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
+1

Yes ditch the stock jack for a Hydrolic bottle jack. Those stock jacks kill people.
Really? i use the hell out of the jack from my 88, did they make them better then?

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Yes. The first gen jacks aren't bad if you get then positioned well. Its was later when they went to the screw/scissor that they got dangerous. Those like to pop out from under the car if they aren't positioned in a "manufacturer approved jacking point" IE: the little tabs on the pinch weld at the corners of the car. Those points are almost impossible to actually jack on if you have a truck though.

ambivolent

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0l FFV
Transmission
Automatic
i keep a floor jack in the bed of mine, its a little more stable on wet ground if im on one of the many dirt roads around here :)

GoodOld85BlueBalls

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2010/2013
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0Powerstroke/3.5 EcoBoost
Transmission
Manual
Really? i use the hell out of the jack from my 88, did they make them better then?
I worked as a volunteer firefighter/rescue for about 12 years till my health would not let me continue. In that time I saw three vehicles that had fallen on people because of improper use of stock jacks. One a fatality. Yea they are safe enough if you understand what its limitations are. But those guys that got hurt were doing repairs under the vehicle with no Jack stands and just a sissor jack. The old style screw type are good and I would trust any stock jack, but only for changing a tire, and I would never put my body under a vehicle supported by only a factory jack.

Like I said, if you understand the limitations, take the precation not to get under the vehicle, well then you are fine.

But I always prefer a Hydraulic Jack or rolling floor jack, to any stock jack. Heck every vehicle I own no longer has the stock jack. They ended up in the metal bin at work.

heptofite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
ah yeah...
actually with as much ground clearance as my truck has, the only time i had to use a jack at all was to change the tire.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals