• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Where does this wire go?

Bish0psaid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

So this o2 sensor is on the outside of my Exhaust manifold and the burnt wire I can not find where it plugs in at? I can see where my other 2 are connected on my pipe before and after the cat, but this one baffles me, I have a 95 Ranger XLT 2.3L 227,*** miles, I tried google and lookin' in a Chilton...says it connected to something up in the firewall? what? help me out please..

Bish0psaid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
No one owns a 2.3L Ranger?

on this site the "Ranger Station" I thought there were people that actually owned a Ford Ranger or similar. Its a simple 2.3L engine, with the o2 sensor on the exhaust manifold under the air filter...Just a simple question is Where does this melted wire go, how did this o2 sensor work? Where do I plug this in?

ILLEGALCONCEPTS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Modified
Transmission
Manual
There's only 2, O2 sensors. You have found both of yours? Both are connected right? If so, it has to be something else. Where does it end?

Bish0psaid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
o2 Sensor

I found 3 from the front of the engine on the exhaust manifold (the sensor in the picture) where does that connect? then #2 before the cat converter, and the 3rd is behind the cat! so I need to know where #1 connects?? the sensor is connected But whats the plug in piece go at that I'm holding? 2.3L engine, no pictures, no Haynes, no Chilton, no internet, no friends/mechanics/FORD MOTOR HEADS/backyard mechanics, no one knows. this Sensor is F*kin Chinese math and its a simple wire! The books show its hooked up to the Firewall something?:dunno:

ILLEGALCONCEPTS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Modified
Transmission
Manual
I have a '95 sitting outside. It only has 2 O2 sensors. Can you get a better pic of the wire? Better pic of your engine compartment? Which exhaust manifold do you have. I thought all the 95's came with the tube style one from the factory.

James

modelageek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I found 3 from the front of the engine on the exhaust manifold (the sensor in the picture) where does that connect? then #2 before the cat converter, and the 3rd is behind the cat! so I need to know where #1 connects?? the sensor is connected But whats the plug in piece go at that I'm holding? 2.3L engine, no pictures, no Haynes, no Chilton, no internet, no friends/mechanics/FORD MOTOR HEADS/backyard mechanics, no one knows. this Sensor is F*kin Chinese math and its a simple wire! The books show its hooked up to the Firewall something?:dunno:
the 2.3 only has 2 o2 senosrs. one goes before the cat and one goes right after the cat. The picture you have is hard to tell what you are holder. I can see an 02 sensor down on the bottom right. is there a chance you had a v6 in the truck at one time?

you probably should work on your forum etiquette . if peeps know the answer they usually will respond if they don't know the answer they don't respond.......maybe because you are insisted you have 3 o2 sensor in a 2.3 is confusing peeps.......with 9 posts and half of them yelling at us .......

kevinsranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
do you have an exhaust gas temp gauge in your truck maybe?

modelageek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
on this site the "Ranger Station" I thought there were people that actually owned a Ford Ranger or similar. Its a simple 2.3L engine, with the o2 sensor on the exhaust manifold under the air filter...Just a simple question is Where does this melted wire go, how did this o2 sensor work? Where do I plug this in?
I went back and looked at your original thread that you posted on 8/29/2010. a few of us were helping you within an hour...... we asked you about checking for codes......you still have not answered that question........

http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90153

have you checked fuel pressure?( I know you said you changed the fuel pump) have you pulled the vacuum line of the FPR to see if gas is in it?

Bish0psaid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I donno any of the code things thats why I didn't answer the question. I HAVE to have missing parts to this truck or someone is not telling me something.. are these the codes?
p0117
p0113
p0351
p0352
p0443
p1117
I know what the codes are but my truck ran Very smooth with all these problems!

I don't know where the "break Booster" is located and a Chilton is giving me a run around, I can find the 1,2, ignition coils but all the other crap..its a ford.

kevinsranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
I donno any of the code things thats why I didn't answer the question. I HAVE to have missing parts to this truck or someone is not telling me something.. are these the codes?
p0117
p0113
p0351
p0352
p0443
p1117

I don't know where the "break Booster" is located and a Chilton is giving me a run around, I can find the 1,2, ignition coils but all the other crap..its a ford.

the brake booster is right behind the master cylinder that you fill up with brake fluid.

modelageek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
p0117
p0113
p0351
p0352
p0443
p1117

the "brake booster" is the round black thing that is attached to the firewall and then the brake master cylinder is bolted to that.

you have a bunch of different issue......do you know the history of the truck? is it the original engine?

you have an ECT senor issue, an air intake senor issue, coil issues and an evap issue.

Last edited:

Bish0psaid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Sensors?

[/URL][/IMG]

modelageek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
[/URL][/IMG]
that is your precat o2 sensor and the wire on my 99 goes to the top back passenger side of the engine. it connects to another wire

Bish0psaid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Its original truck and engine with almost 227,xxx on it got it from a random guy for a few bucks and it ran just fine till I put new parts on it. I guess I am missing parts then...plus with the new ICV it still runs like a buckin bronco..I sprayed carb cleaner to see if the engine would smooth out for a vacuum leak I couldn't find anything....still stalls out when I get it goin after 5 mins of runnin it then put it in neutral. guess I'll have to get those things fixed before I start anything else done or any way around it?

Duane867

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Brother if you don't know where the brake booster is on your truck and your trying to work on said truck your self..... You really need to take it to some one who has automotive repair experience.

To find out where the 02 sensor connects look for a socket near by. It will only fit in the same type of socket, and there will only be one socket in the general area that will reach it or fit it. Or sensor sockets are specific to O2 sensor plugs only. Meaning thats the only thing that will fit in it.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals