• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Where can I get this

James Morse

1997 XLT 4.0L 4x4 1999 Mazda B3000 2wd
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 and 1999
Make / Model
XLT 4x4 & B3000
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L in XLT, 3.0L in B3000
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31x10.5-15 K02's on the Ranger, 235/75R15 on Mazda
My credo
The perfect is the enemy of the good.
TRS1 has like a valence behind the cab with the lights on top
ford_ranger_off-road_builders_guide-4.jpg

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Probably be a junkyard or private seller thing. Pretty sure nobody makes those anymore.

I have one that I got with a parts truck. I’ve been waffling for awhile as to if I’m gonna use it or not.

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
Lund industries “racerback valance “ I think it was called, I dont think they are in business anymore, they made the best cab visor too, I had a “moonvisor “. It had built in clearance lights, was about $250/$275 in ‘91.
Probably scoring one from a junkyard or fleabay would be your best chance at one.

James Morse

1997 XLT 4.0L 4x4 1999 Mazda B3000 2wd
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 and 1999
Make / Model
XLT 4x4 & B3000
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L in XLT, 3.0L in B3000
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31x10.5-15 K02's on the Ranger, 235/75R15 on Mazda
My credo
The perfect is the enemy of the good.
Clearance lights are cool.
How does the valence attach, clamps to bed rail?
I guess it has no real purpose except to look cool and hold the lights on top. I think if it were like flat black it would look nice on mine?
Are you getting rid of yours lil_blue_ford.
Doubt I wlil see this in a junkyard but who knows.
Thanks now I know mfgr and what it's called will look around.
Not sure how it would look with extended cab it might look weird also the Cobalt tool box in there now would not fit, I think.
OEM roll bar (they are decorative) would be nice, maybe better choice.
How about tubular rear bumper, have one of those? It was an OEM option but I can't find any of them nor the roll bar.
Tubular not nice like chrome but I'm assuming they are strong enough somebody can push you.
But would that ever happen.
I'm thinking a winch in front would be more useful which opens up another can of worms.
Then if you are stuck isn't it true you can (hopefully) find a tree and pull yourself out? You'd have to lose the stock bumper etc. Then you are radically changing the look.

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
I guess it has no real purpose except to look cool and hold the lights on top. I think if it were like flat black it would look nice on mine?
Not sure how it would look with extended cab it might look weird also the Cobalt tool box in there now would not fit, I think.
How about tubular rear bumper, have one of those? It was an OEM option but I can't find any of them nor the roll bar.
Tubular not nice like chrome but I'm assuming they are strong enough somebody can push you.
I'm thinking a winch in front would be more useful which opens up another can of worms.
Then if you are stuck isn't it true you can (hopefully) find a tree and pull yourself out? You'd have to lose the stock bumper etc. Then you are radically changing the look.
It's all a matter of your personal taste and preference. I have a tubular front bumper. But it started as a Jeep bumper that I modified to fit. It takes a lot of patience and diligent searching to find some of this stuff used. Hitting your local junk yards on a regular basis and keeping track of their inventory is helpful.

What are you aspirations and skills concerning DIY projects? A lot of things are cheaper if you make them yourself, even if you have to buy a few new tools along the way. My truck wouldn't be anything like it is if I wasn't able to do so much myself. I just don't have the budget.

So, take some time and think and plan. How do you want to use the truck? What do you want from it? Research a ballpark price for each thing. Then put a priority on each item. Then, start working on your list one item at a time as your money, time, tools and skills allow. Having a plan saves money, so you don't do a modification and then rip it off to do something different. Also, allow time and money for normal and emergency repairs and maintenance. They will happen.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
So the valence screws to the cab and bed, if I remember correctly. Just a kinda lightweight fiberglass thing, probably hold a couple lights ok but really just a look thing. I was debating putting it on my 92, but I wasn’t sure if I liked the look or not. Still not sure if it’s going to get used or not. That truck might get fixed, but I need to get done with a couple other projects before I’m on to that. Right now I have nothing to drive until I can replace the driveshaft in the F-150 or get the green Ranger done, so the 92 takes a back seat. I recently found a visor that’s probably going on my green Ranger in a junkyard and didn’t expect that so you never know.

OEM roll bars and tube bumpers would be cool, but they’re rare as hens teeth around here. That said, I have been kicking around the idea of bending some. I have a tube bender and dies to do up to 180* in 2-5/8” tube and up to 90* in 2-1/2”, so it’s a thought. My F-150 sports a bumper made from 5” C-channel and the start of a pre-runner bar. Used some 1/4” thick angle for some supports. Sunk a 2” receiver in the middle to use for a mobile mount winch, custom snow plow mount, or for a hitch to move trailers. Haven’t done the plow mount yet, but I’ve used it for the other two.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
I think its an option on the new Rangers, probably could get one of them and slap it on a 1st gen Ranger LOL.

They screwed or bolted to the bed of the truck, looked ridiculous and many of them broke from being out in the sun over the years.

Go to a fab shop and have them build you one out of steel.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals