• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

where can i find this thing??

reed b.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
friends.. a newbie online here but less so since i've been getting help for a couple of years in these very helpful forums; you've helped me out of some spots already.. on this one though i could use some help once again.. have had an 88 ranger xlt w/2.9 and 4x4 that was given me (now i've learned why) and that i've worked on and off to get back running again after sitting about ten years... of course it ended up with the need to do a complete rebuild of the engine and now that i've got that done i'm ready to put things together and put it back in... my 'problem' is that i was an idiot in going through the remaining parts in the gasket set when the engine came back from our machine shop and didn't recognize what the one large metal bushing was for; so of course i set it to the side and now that i do know what it is for i can't find it!! grr... my fault though... it is the bushing that mounts inside the flywheel and that the clutch pilot bearing sits inside of... darn close to 1 1/8" od x 5/8" id.... anyone know just what the name is for this part and where might be a good place to look for another one... my thanks in advance... much appreciated...

gaz

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
87Ranger Endrigo 2.9l, 87BII Endrigo 4.0l
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Ranger 5" (2" suspension), BII 4" suspension
Total Drop
Ranger 5sp, BII A4LD
Tire Size
Ranger 33"/4:10LS, BII 29"/3:73LS
My credo
Deengineer until it is how Blue Oval should have sold it!!
The throw out bearing.

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
maybe you “threw it out”. ironic, huh?

CAF0EFC9-8541-4792-A852-F080D2BBF3A6.png

Attachments

reed b.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
The throw out bearing.
thanks gaz, but no, not the throw out bearing.. on mine it is a non-lever type hydraulic that only touches the pressure plate... the piece i need is set inside the flywheel itself... i am as stated a newbie here, but had been a mechanic with my own shop back in the 80's; got robbed with no insurance on the building; cheaper for me to get a skilsaw and bags and ended up a general contractor... i'm 70 now..... i've seen a lot of throw out bearings !! ;) again, thanks....

reed b.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
maybe you “threw it out”. ironic, huh?

View attachment 46068
and you know, racsan, that may well have been what happened !! i did say i felt an idiot ! this one is basically it, though i couldn't find it on the site, i did call our autozone store and they are holding one for me so i can come in and check it with my calipers for fit.... i take it there must be a number of them, all according to what particular tranny you have.... will let you know if it's a good fit...... i've already gotten the bearing part itself but still need the bushing; don't mind getting it all again if it will fit ! thanks for the research and the link.... much appreciated...

reed b.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
to all..... i ended up at our ford dealership (i'm in a town of 4,000) and amazingly enough they still had the part listing, though it took a while to find it, and they had one in stock !! the dorman one was too large of an od for the flywheel... what did fit was ford part # F5TZ-6K389-AA (1031445) ... a german made solid metal bushing... the needle bearing fits inside it.... and different ones for a mazda and a mitsubishi trans... i thank you both for your input and help.. i've had this truck for ten years and would really like it get it working so i can go up in the mountains behind where i live (bishop, ca)... i can go from 4,000 ft to 11,000 in less than twenty miles; some great roads.. used to do it on a 73 yamaha 175 but that was a few years back and i'm turning 70 and would love a 'more comfortable' means of travel to do so.... again guys, thanks..... ever have a construction question, let me know.. 35 yrs ..teacher and general contractor...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals