• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Where are you guys ?

bluovaldude

Reaction score
This might not be the right place to post, but it does concern this section.

I am just wondering what happens to everyone ? Someone post and gets a little info if any then we never hear from them again. :huh:

I try to help out in anyway I can, but why is there not many responces ?

I do understand that this is more of a off road / lifted truck forum, but there is an on road section for a reason.

I am just wondering. Where is everyone at or where did everyone go ? :sad:

And for that point how is everyones project going ?

Jspafford

Logan Andrew Feb 17, 2012
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"
Most of the guys on this forum have off-road trucks. Not saying we can't help answer questions on your street truck though. I rarely venture into this forum. I don't know enough about the 2WD's to help much.

Someone will come along and help.. Just might take longer than normal.

bluovaldude

Reaction score
Not really saying so much about helping me, but more the other way around. I am fairly set on my way to finishing my truck, But I am just saying that some people post then you never hear from them again.

And it is hard to tell if they have anoth name on a nother site, so you kind of never know if they got what they were looking for.

I do not know what it is about me but that is alll I want to do is help acouple people out, if any, and keep this scene going.

metalmacguyver

Yeah, I built that.
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 7.3
Transmission
Manual
i have noticed alot of the first post question askers lately. i too like helping people but on occasion, it is surprising how nice it is to find someone that has done some research or actually read the stickies at the top of the forums.

x2 on what Jspafford said. most guys on here are lifted including me. i know that i rarely check out this forum.

MODS: just out of curiousity, is there a chart that covers a couple months back to now that shows how many people joined per day?

bigspaceghost

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
4.sl0w
Transmission
Manual
2wd newb

I just recently obtained a 2wheeler.And a 4.0 at that. I am totalyin a new adventure here. I am a lifted,v8 kind of guy but, wanted to try something a bit different. Where are all the 2wd people? I never see much action in this part of the site. I would definately care to find out what other setups are out there, and learn more about what I am getting into.This is the first lowered vehicl I have ever owned or driven for that fact. I quickly learned that pot holes and wet grass do not get along well with my truck! I am use to pointing the truck in whatever direction---and go. Not have to ponder if somethings gonna scrape. I would also like to find out the charactoristics of the motor I have in this thing.And what works for it and what doesnt. And I do have plenty of Q's.

bluovaldude

Reaction score
Well dude by all means shoot them this way, I will do my best to inform you on anything you ask. I am not saying I know everything, but With this whole Internet thing I can shoot you in the right direction if I am un sure.

So Feel free to ask anything you have questions on, and do remember that searching will help also.

alittlelow

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I've done 2 bagged rangers and lowered about 10 trucks or so. I just never get a response to my answers to questions so i don't really bother that much.

bluovaldude

Reaction score
Yep that is what I am talking about, you help out then you do not hear from them. Thats where this topic came up. But it is all good.

By the way what have you bagged ?

bigspaceghost

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
4.sl0w
Transmission
Manual
Are you guys running skidplates on your gas tanks? I would like to find 1. Makes me kinda nervous with a plastic tank that close to the ground. Is anyone else running a Venom400? The guy I got the truck from said that with it installed,the motor will pulse when I turn the heat on. Is this fact or fiction? The truck also has belltech lowering components.I am not sure what the front lowering parts are. Thought the guy said dream beams or something of that nature.

bluovaldude

Reaction score
As for skid plates, there is a factory type skid under there already, but I moved my tank to the bad for now, untill I can make a fuel cell.

To be honest I am not sure what you are talking about, about this Venom 400 ??? If it is one of those resistors for " more power ". No those are junk... Just my opinion.

And about your drop, belltech does sound about right but if you have dream beams those are made by a company call DJM. But either ones are good company to buy suspension parts from.

But do show pictures. Might be able to give some more info.

bluovaldude

Reaction score
In my opinion a wast of money. All it really is, is a resistor, it make the currents move a bit faster to the computer, yeah it will make the engine pulse which over time will be a problem.

If it was my truck I would take it of, and either run it stock, which without it you will not tell a difference, or go ouit and get a real programmer.

alittlelow

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I bagged 2 i-beam ford rangers and i'm starting on a toyota in january. I got some pics if your interested. Also i make adapter plates to use the stock sending unit on a 15 gallon RCI fuel cell if your interested. Total cost about 295 shipped to your door.

bluovaldude

Reaction score
I bagged 2 i-beam ford rangers and i'm starting on a toyota in january. I got some pics if your interested. Also i make adapter plates to use the stock sending unit on a 15 gallon RCI fuel cell if your interested. Total cost about 295 shipped to your door.
I would liek to see some pictures, If accesable, and for the adapter plates you got some pictures of them ? Are they for the newer 98 and up trucks or the older style ?

I am contemplating on building my own fuel cell and that might help.

Let me know. Thanks

alittlelow

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
The adapter plate is a two piece design make of 1/4 inch air craft aluminum. With the 93-97 sending units, they are 11.75 inches tall so you must use at least a 11.25 tall tank. I don't know about the 98-up sending units, but i'll find out. Would you like pics of the suspension designs or the trucks themselves. I'll try to find a camera this weekend to snap some pics.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals