• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Wheeling in a dry areas: Stack?

LittleBigFoot

V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
79-00
Make / Model
Mostly Ford.
Engine Size
Building a 408w
Transmission
Automatic
I live up against the Rockies in the great CO. I do a lot of wheelin' in dry and fire damage areas. I don't want to contribute to the risk of another Haymen fire.

I know a stack on a gas truck is down right retarded. But I'm considering running my current 2.5" pipes up through the bed behind the cab and dumping it off at an angle. None of the big flashy "I think I'm a semi" shit. Just an idea for a better place then dumping it right after the cat like I've got it now.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Ways to go about it?

Is stock-ish exhaust even something to worry about starting fires with? I'm just trying to be an eco-friendly hillbilly.

Here's the truck, maybe it's stature will help keep the stacks from screaming "I loose at life"

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
I would, in that area i would even run a stack on an explorer.

fordboi415

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0V6
Transmission
Manual
I live in southern california one of the dryest placest in the u.s. I have my exhaust dumped right after the muffler and I wheel in some tall overgrown areas and have yet to start a fire, I would be more worried about the headers being a problem before the rest of the exhaust

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
with the stock manifolds and stock cats, chances of a spark getting out are slim. if your really worried, put a chambered muffler on there and/or run a pipe out the side facing straight out.

if your really, really worried, you can get a clamp-on spark arrestor for your exhaust without having to run a ghey stack.

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
if your really, really worried, you can get a clamp-on spark arrestor for your exhaust without having to run a ghey stack.
Spark Arrestor, those must be some pretty f-ed up handcuffs...lol

I would go with one as well, that is why the put them on ATV's, hunters going through dry grass, you can't start a fire behind you, you'd be screwed.

Agreed on the take it out from under no dumping.

If you are worried about the heat from the pipes get some of that header tape to reduce heat escaping.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals