• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Wheelin in northen WI

Slingblade

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
anything down by madison? used to live in wausau, and got up north quite a bit, but now it's a long way from madison.
I just moved from Fitchburg. If your looking for some wheeling nearby you should get ahold of people from my club. It is a mainly Jeep club with mostly xj's. Good group of guys. The president Ron is ready to go wheeling almost any weekend. We got a new member a couple months ago and they have been some property his family owns near fitchburg. And we have meetings once a month somewhere in the madison area. Places the group wheels, Badlands, Cliffs insane terain, Dresser (its by invite only, but if your a member of MCJAG your invited as a member of WOHVA .) Applevally Farms (near chiteck, wi, which i think is WOHVA members ride), Jackson and Clarke county forest roads, Mcaslin Mt. along with the pipline. Go to www.mcjag.org/cs. tell ron i sent you and that i haven't fell off the face of the earth.

Chris

Notmybfstruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Just wanted to see if anyone was interested in doing some wheelin one of these weekends. I was planning on heading up to McCaslin Mountain near Lakewood, WI. I was up there earlier this year to scout everything out, and it was awesome. Tons of trails with everything....rocks, hills, bogs, sand, gravel, washouts. There is also another area up there called Pipeline that we could check out. I have all the waypoints in my GPS.

I don't know of anybody who offroads much here in central WI, so it would be cool to get a group together. If you live in the area here let me know.
Hi evan,

I'm from green bay.
I've been to the pipeline every memorial and labor day weekend since 2005. When you get rain the place is great! there is also a big rock hill. my BF broke a tierod there our first weekend together. Last couple of trips it's been kinda dry, but people still come out to play

:3gears:

Evan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
Another place in WI aside from McCaslin and Pipeline is Northwoods Overland. Their website is: http://www.northwoodsoverland.com/

It's a new place but it looks pretty sweet and they're frequently making new trails and improvements. The place is about an hour northwest of Wausau.

2.8broncoII

Reaction score
i went to McCaslin lasy 4th of july weekend and this year we are going to do both pipe line and McCaslin. i understand pipeline is free to camp and wheel. let me know if you guys want to meet up there this 4th of july

AJs_Customs

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Hello guys, I am not familiar with anything around Madison but a little north and west of Eau Claire with get you to the Apple Valley Off Road Park. I have heard it is great all around mud/rock/trails. I live in Eau Claire and have not really found too many places to go that are legal. Getting a group together and meeting somewhere would be fun.

cruisnhard

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
I am new to wisconsin and live in west bend. I am still stock in my 94 b4000 4x4, but I am looking to do some mods and go wheeling. I would be down for a meet.

Never_Evil

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey Evan, not sure if you follow this thread anymore. I do visit the Pipeline on occasion and have friends that have land up there to camp on. I've been advised if you camp on the Pipeline, lock your stuff up or take it with. I am over in Green Bay and we are trying to make it up for Labor day weekend.

shadow6

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I'm not from WI but during the summer months i live in baldwin, don't know of any good places around the area, but northern WI up by upper Eau Claire lake there is a shit ton of logging trails and such. would be fun to get a group together... im a noob to four wheelin so i dunno.

Never_Evil

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Stock, lifted, or just bigger tires, we go with all kinds of trucks. There are some safe paths around if you dont want to go through a bog hole. Plenty of people with tow straps and for some water or beer, they will get you out.

p38fln

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 L GTDI
Transmission
Automatic
One day, when my truck is paid off, I have a second vehicle for a daily driver, and I have disposable income to pay for the dings, dents, scratches, and broken axles, I would love to take it wheeling.

I bet it would do pretty nicely, even though its all stock.

predator

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
picklers mud bog is this weekend..a full 2 days of wheelin all day and drinking all night...it is over in rock falls area...i live in between eua claire and menomonie, if anyone has a place to go wheelin that isnt too far of a drive im in:icon_hornsup:

Captain Fuzzy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
loggin trails are awesome!......sometimes ahhaha thats all there is up by my rents place( Ashland WI....middle of nowhere)

85rx7_93ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i hear nothing but good things from the pipline

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals