• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

wheel bearing question

mossyoak03

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
my abs brake light came on so i checked my brakes and everything is good rotor and pad, etc.. nothing is on the sensor or rubbing anything. well when i went to put my tire back on my passenger side ive noticed that when i pushed my tire at the top and bottom it moved an awful lot. and when i did the drive side it didn't move at all so i know there is a problem with the passenger side wheel. so that is normally caused by a wheel bearing right? thanks in advance.

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
You need either a wheel bearing or a balljoint. You'll need to see exactly where the motion is coming from to tell the difference. My guess is a wheel bearing, since it is affecting ABS (but that MIGHT be a coincidence -- multiple faults do happen).

Your steering will be light years better once this is fixed.

And consider this to be a safety critical repair. Not only is your steering loose, but the worst case is that the wheel comes off.

mossyoak03

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
thanks when i was doing this the ball joints seemed mine so im pretty sure its the wheel bearing and don't worry about the safety part my truck isn't moving anytime soon.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad