• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Whats this pm3 stuff...

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Motorcraft plugs = autolite
Motorcraft o2 sensors = bosch

Motorcraft doesn't make most of it's own stuff, they rebrand stuff for Ford. Motorcraft isnt even a real manafacturer. I'm a huuuge advocate for motorcraft parts but buying the aftermarket equivalent is just as good IF you know what that is. If you dont know who made it, buy motorcraft... but with stuff like o2 sensors that literally have a bosch part number on them, come on.

4.0blue98

I don't feel tardy...
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
Round
My credo
It was like that when I found it.
spark plugs
motorcraft= FORD
ac delco = GM
champion = DODGE CHRYSLER etc...
Good list but I'd add NGK for the Chrysler products. I've had an 02, an 05 and currently have an 11 and NGK are the factory installed brand. They're good plugs. Subbies used them too.

Last edited:

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Motorcraft plugs = autolite
Motorcraft o2 sensors = bosch

Motorcraft doesn't make most of it's own stuff, they rebrand stuff for Ford. Motorcraft isnt even a real manafacturer. I'm a huuuge advocate for motorcraft parts but buying the aftermarket equivalent is just as good IF you know what that is. If you dont know who made it, buy motorcraft... but with stuff like o2 sensors that literally have a bosch part number on them, come on.
Buying Motorcraft parts used to mean something. They held the parts to higher quality control standards than most replacement parts. So you were getting better stuff. It sure doesn't seem that way anymore though.

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
If you don't have time to do it right will you have time to do it over?
O2 sensors and TP sensors are a pet peeve with me. Every O2 sensor operates in the same range, as does any TP sensor, so all Fords could use the same ones if they wanted to. The difference in O2's- other than heated vs non-heated- are the pigtails, if the engineers were told to make parts as interchangeable as possible(not a new concept, Henry Ford figured it out over 100 years ago and it made him rich) O2's could be standardized and the vehicle harnesses could be changed to accommodate them. Same for TP's, if they made the mounting and harness connectors the same one part could fit every Ford and the newer drive by wire systems could also be standardized. I'm convinced their doing it deliberately because it causes the dealers to buy and stock more parts. A parts manager can probably tell you how many O2's(for example) he'll sell in a week. If that number is 10 he'll stock 10, but if there are multiple part numbers he may have 50 in stock- meaning Ford sold 50 instead of 10. When I started at the dealer in 1975 we had 2 oil filters: FL-1 for almost everything and FL-300 for V8 Mustang II's and Econolines. When I retired we had FL- 400, 500, 820, 910, obnoxious cartridge filters that should have stayed in the 50's, diesel filters, and still FL-1A's and FL-300's in small numbers. FL-820 and 500 will screw onto the same base, FL-1A, 300, 400, and 910 also share a base. Unlike Napa, Motorcraft doesn't publish the flow rating on their filters so you can't confidently substitute a small filter if you have a tight space. Motorcraft parts are still high quality, I'm just not pleased with the "marketing" side. Motorcraft batteries failed so seldom that I had to look up how to do the pro rate when preparing the claim, even though I prepared claims from 1985 until 2017 and no longer had to look up much of anything.

4.0blue98

I don't feel tardy...
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
Round
My credo
Ain't that the truth. We seem to make thing complicated that don't have to be. I seem to remember my 75 Granada (302), Dad's 77 LTD wagon (351), and everyones 77 Pinto (2.3) all took the FL-1.

I have to admit, we have an 08 Sienna (3.5) and an 18 Rav4 (2.5) and they both take the same cartridge filter...

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Ok, so we don't mix chemicals, do we.
Returning this to the OP and a number of comments since, I'm led to believe Pm3 works better through the intake, but doesn't go into the tank.
Why kind of an explosion would you expect to erupt from using Pm3 in the intake, AND Seafoam in the tank?
Could you expect any benefit in doing this for ordinary PM?

Mine actually runs well enough for an engine w/ 225K but apparently not very well maintained as far as PM goes, and I'm working on getting it more up to date/par w/ this

4.0blue98

I don't feel tardy...
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
Round
My credo
It ONLY works through the intake. The PM3 is strictly for the vacusuck into the intake or dumping down the carburetor. Nothing like seafoam. I don't see why you couldn't put the seafoam in the tank while using the PM3 up top.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals