• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Whats the big deal??!!

4DR99'

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
is posting the same topic in two different areas really a big enough issue for someone to lock the discussion? sometimes people don't look in the specific threads on a daily basis so posting in general discussion grabs a larger crowd of people thus bringing in more opinions on a topic that may be overlooked in the more focused sections. this is a forum for those with questions and helping one another out. please stop discouraging this.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
They are trying to eliminate clutter and encourage people to use the proper parts of the forums, an idea I agree with. When you get the same thing posted in 2 or 3 parts of a forum, it gets hard to keep track of things. I'm an admin on another site, so I get to see the mess from the other side of the fence.

Captain Ledd

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning.
This site get's enough traffic, somebody is going to see the post.

It may not get answered immediately, nor is anybody obligated to answer at all. Sometimes it may take even a day or two before the right person logs on and spots the question.

I look at it as a kid saying "mom, mom, mom" or "dad, dad, dad" over and over again, like we didn't hear them the first time and drop everything we were doing to pay attention to them. I know thats kind of a harsh way of putting it (and this instance wasn't to that extent), but it's along those same lines. And I've seen it abused before.

Then other part is again with the clutter. Example: If it's a tires-specific section of forum, and people keep posting engine questions in it... It's no longer a useful forum, because all the tire related topics are spread out with other topics of an entirely different nature. It's not bringing in other ideas, it's pushing the ideas geared towards that specific section out.

Eventually there's so much information that nobody can read through it all. So we divide it into specific sections, specifically SO people can actually read through all the posts. I can't imagine how fast the forum topics would move if they were all lumped into one massive area on a site like this one. There's 100's if not 1000's of threads started every single day. And many times that number in posts.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just keep it in mind for next time.

Last edited:

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
is posting the same topic in two different areas really a big enough issue for someone to lock the discussion?
yes. put the discussion in the proper place and you will get a response. there's no need to cross post.

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."
is posting the same topic in two different areas really a big enough issue for someone to lock the discussion?
Yes.

please stop discouraging this.
Ain't happening. Posting something in the appropriate forum IS the best way to get your question answered. Which I did, by the way. Users spend more time in the forums in their areas of expertise or experience. I know you're new but it is generally understood that we post a question one time in one place. So now you know. :icon_cheers:

I can't imagine how fast the forum topics would move if they were all lumped into one massive area on a site like this one.
Pffft, you ought to see the Sport Trac site. It doesn't have nearly TRS's traffic and your stuff can end up 3 or 4 pages back in a day.

Last edited:

4DR99'

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
touche'. thanks for the replies diddn't quite see it that way.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals