• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

whats special about 88 eddie bauer B2?

fangotango306

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
None yet
Transmission
Automatic
i just found one, 1988 bronco 2 eddie bauer, 2.9L automatic trans, 4x4. its been sitting for over a year. its showing 55808 on odometer and i think it may be original, not too much wear on interior or anywhere else. has no rust at all. looks to have factory installed spare on the back. the gas smells old, but the oil and trans fluid look good so im thinking a battery and crossed fingers it may run. oh its maroon and tan, and it has power everthing with funny little red and blue buttons for locks and windows. truck is titled in original owners name from tenn. found the vehicle warranty I.D. card with the little metal tag attached to it in the door pocket. vehicle was left when the house was sold to a freind of mine, and he was told they lost the keys but it went with the house. my freind has been trying to sell it but no bites so he finally came down on the price enough, so i should be getting this baby for $200. its dark but ill have pics tomorrow, i may even try to get it running but i gotta pop the ignition cylinder out. anyone have any info on resurecting this beast feel free to throw in your 2 cents, id appreciate it.

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17
The Eddie Bauer was a special "trim" option with a nicer interior, loaded down with all power options, "optional" rear bucket seats, & Eddie Bauer emblems, they are nice & I would love to have one. I think you should pass on it for $200 & let me come get it myself, it needs to come back to TN!! :icon_thumby: Let me know when I can come get it!!! C-Ya soon!!! :icon_bounceblue:
Here's a link to some info on 'em from this site
http://www.broncoiicorral.com/resources/eddie_bauer.htm

Last edited:

fangotango306

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
None yet
Transmission
Automatic
i think it will be alright as my DD, i drive 5 miles per day lol. It does not have the "optional" rear buckets but i like the idea. is there anything special about axle ratio's for the eb package? its pretty slick and im stoked to get it rolling, gonna go work on getting it running tomorrow.

fangotango306

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
None yet
Transmission
Automatic
anyone every convert one from 4x4 to 2wd? how hard is it? and i know....i know....why would i even consider it....i live in a place where i dont go off road and i do alot of cruising to car shows and such. i am planning a good ole 302 swap so 2wd..........any input?

gjm4l

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4cyl
Transmission
Manual
From what I understand with bronco II's and explorer's the 2wd and 4wd front ends are the same so it's just a matter of swapping over suspension parts and in you case either just dropping the front axle or actually changing out the t-case for a tail shaft and maybe a driveshaft for a true 2wd. You can't do that on a ranger which is my problem (I want 4wd). The ranger 2wd and 4wd frames are a bit different(front crossmember) so you gotta change out the crossmember on them making it more of a chore. There may be more to a BII 2wd/4wd swap but that's the way I understand it to be. Do a search in the Forum, there are a few threads on it. Good Luck

jims89broncoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
the eddie bauer is nice. i have a 89 and i love it.

B2addict - i know where theres a reaaaal nice 87 B2 with a 89 front clip on it. same color as mine paint & interior is in great shape and its an eddie bauer only its about 3k... i want it real bad!!!

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17
anyone every convert one from 4x4 to 2wd? how hard is it? and i know....i know....why would i even consider it....i live in a place where i dont go off road and i do alot of cruising to car shows and such. i am planning a good ole 302 swap so 2wd..........any input?
I personally wouldn't even consider doing that myself.....just my opinion. If you don't do any off roading & do a lot of cruising to car shows & such, just don't put it in 4wd, you can do the 302 swap & keep the 4wd...... Again, this is my biased opinion as a B2 Addict, what you do is obviously up to you. :icon_cheers:

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17
the eddie bauer is nice. i have a 89 and i love it.

B2addict - i know where theres a reaaaal nice 87 B2 with a 89 front clip on it. same color as mine paint & interior is in great shape and its an eddie bauer only its about 3k... i want it real bad!!!
I'd be hard pressed to afford the one for $200. :dntknw:

jims89broncoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i deffinetly know what you mean. thats why im drooling over this one everytime i see it...

fangotango306

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
None yet
Transmission
Automatic
ok update....the original owner had it titled in tenn....... the truck is here in va, but the original owner is no where to be found.....ive called the residence at the address listed on the registration and they claim to have lived there for 8 years and have not seen or heard from the guy who lived there before....cant say im surprised. my Q is how do i get this thing titled? a little help from you tenn residents would help^. thanks.

ASMODEAN

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 litres of ticking fury
Transmission
Manual
file for a lost title... its pretty easy i've had to do this on a few cars and trucks i've bought or owned.

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17
Does it have a title or just the old registration?

The whole process has a tendency to be a PITA here in TN, at least from my experience. Since you would need to title it in VA, I would start by contacting your local DMV & explaining the situation to them, they should be able to let you know what you can do. I've never encountered that situation before so I'd be kind of curious to know myself.

Last edited:

fangotango306

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
None yet
Transmission
Automatic
ok thanks guys, well on a good note i have done enough research to decide NOT to lower it or convert to 2wd. im still gonna put my small block in it and build like a beach cruiser out of it. maybe like an old surf wagon......this is definitly all an "if i can get a title". thanks for the input, ill update in a few weeks as im going underway for a while....damn training ops.

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17
ok thanks guys, well on a good note i have done enough research to decide NOT to lower it or convert to 2wd.
:yahoo::icon_cheers:

Good luck with the whole title situation, update us when you can. For $200 I'd sell my furniture & come get it myself, even without a title! :drool:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals