• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What..

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
To some people, the project is more important than food or clothing. I have too many children to have a really awesome project.
But you still have a really awesome Pinto!:3gears::headbang:

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
A lot the really cool projects just take a lot of fab work/time and a place to do it. At least for the people who are able to do stuff themselves.

But for everyone, it just seems like its a matter of where your priorities lie. I have time, so I try to do things as cheap as possible since I'm saving to become a poor college student next year.

kkjb4x4.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Transmission
Manual
single dad,,,three teens,,my truck is close to stock,, when i need to replace parts i will search for a good deal on upgraded aftermarket parts,,,ya know tires wear out look for a deal on bigger ones etc,,,thoroughly investigating any mods to warrant doing them,,,sometimes tho it's just a plain sacrafice,,needed new tires,,really really wanted 31's,hurt the wallet but bought them anyhow,,,so glad i did,,

Thumper113

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I'm old............married for 19 years, one daughter, a wife that hates shopping (I'm blessed with that), a house that'll be paid off in less than 4 years, never owned a new vehicle (except for motorcycles) so I don't have car/truck payments, wife has a job, I'm a professional technician so I don't have to pay labor for anything done on my vehicles & most of the time, I get parts at good discounts. We take family trips on extended weekends & motorcycle road trips. Four wheeling, motorcycling, family mini-vacations, trips to Vegas, etc,............I'm not gonna wait until I retire to start having fun (I have 3 mutual fund accounts, one 401K, one IRA so I'll at least be able to keep food in my belly & clothes on my back when I retire). After 3 freinds died unexpectedly in the past 5 years & my mom dying 1.5 years before her retirement, I'm gonna live life like I want to right now. I'm not gonna wait. Spending my money I earn on the things I like after taking care of my responsibilities as a father & husband first, keeps me happy.

Managing what little money I have,........that's how I'm able to build my truck up without being rich. I'd like to get a daily driver vehicle but I don't actually need one so I haven't bought one yet. That'd take away money from other things we're used to. There's still some things I want to do to the truck but I won't put me & my family into financial ruin for it.

dmanmccann

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Manual

MAN...Thanks for all of your posts i know it took a lot of time for all of you to custom your rangers....All of yall have some kick ass jobs out there...I had no idea of that from reading other posts...thanks for all of that though..Yeah well i reckon its just like JR CASH wrote "Well take it one piece at a time"...and sav for all the stuff i really want instead of most of the stuff i just want..

But, thanks again fellers

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
good things come to those who wait. I barely pay anything for most of the mods I do to my trucks. But as for a job I am a Painter at a bodyshop and I do auto upholstery on the side, and yes I live with my parents but I've got a school loan, car payment, and a toolbox payment.

Evan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
I'm 24, not married, and a Programmer and Business Analyst. Make enough to drive almost anything but I am very cheap! My buddies at work rip on me for driving an 07 Focus.

Most of my $$$ goes into my 401(k) or IRA. I do a lot of my own investing in the IRA during my free time.

Last edited:

dirtsquirt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987 and 2005
Make / Model
ford And jeep
Engine Size
2.9 And 4.0
Transmission
Manual
I am a heavy equipment operator/ married, 1 girl 1 boy Grandfather of 2.
make good money and there is lots of overtime average work week 72 hours

Only do the mods i like nothing to crazy. pretty handy with a set of wrenches and a welder ( work experience) if you run them you need to fix them sort of deal.Just sit down and make a game plan of what you what to do. then pick a starting point and go as time and money allow.

thesoundmaster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I don't have a bad ass truck like Larry or Mark, but being 19, I have 2 trucks, one paid off, one financed to build credit to get into a house early on in life. I'm a building maintenance engineer for Marriot hotels, pay isn't great but with money management, I get by. Unfortunately for me, the fall was hard with a couple job transfers so I took a hit financially. 95% recovered now.

My mentality is this, I'm on this earth once, might as well live it to the fullest... I don't live to work, I work to live. I struggle with having to work simply because I think there are better things to be doing... but in order to do those you gotta work.

I can't do traditional education, my mind doesn't work with it. I'm a high school dropout by choice with my GED. I can get into colleges with a little work to get in, but that doesn't fit me well, I tried that. I thrive in tech school and tech work, so I'm good there. I know I'll never be rich, I don't want to be. As long as I have enough to support me and a future family, I'm good to go.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals