• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

what would you do?

stevealvey24

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
So here's my build plan. Tell me what you guys think.

302 Roller Motor
Comp Cams Magnum 260/260 Duration .480/.480 lift
Edelbrock Performer Intake
Quick Fuel 600 CFM Slayer Carb
Ford Racing Oil Pan
Not sure on motor mounts yet
Advance Adapter Headers
MSD 6AL
Oil Filter Relocation

AOD with Advance Adapters 29.500 inches long
B&M Shifter
Shift Kit

4.0 Radiator with Flex a Lite 40 Electric Fan

Want to keep Air Conditioning, can the housing work with a 302 with a 3 inch body lift?
What about brackets for the compressor?

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Whats to really convert? Cut existing fuel line add barb adapter fitting. Fuel pressure regulator with return line and regulate to 6.5-7 psi?
Rewire it to run a carburated ignition, and if you have any cares of it looking decent at all cut ton of wiring out of it. It takes a lot of time fishing around to make sure you don't snip something you will need (and then you will have a ton of fun trying to figure it out down the road if you mess up)

For the most part the wiring is already there to run EFI, the fuel system is there... if I had that I would have went that route in a heartbeat.

The Explorer front dress is nice and short and puts the main accessories in easy reach on top of the engine. I am not sure how the compressor will fit with your steering box where it is though. You will need everything including the timing cover.

http://classicbroncos.com/tech/explorer-5-0-serpentine-accessory-drive-belt-conversion

SN-95 Mustangs (94-95) use a front dress that is almost as short and may place the compressor in a different location, you can use the standard roller timing cover as well (provided it isn't out of an Explorer)

I have the HD 2 row 4.0 Explorer radiator in my truck, IMO with a stock engine and no A/C it is just adaquate. With a built engine and A/C I don't think you will be happy with the initial results using it. Most conversion radiators tuck up under the core support which is also where the condenser goes so they are out. I am going to guess a bunch of hacking and a big single row radiator out of something like a fullsize.

Last edited:

stevealvey24

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I believe this accesory drive will work. Same alternator, change the top fitings on ac compressor and power steering pump pulley. :) Goin to look at a 302 tomorrow, rebuilt with 10000 miles, b303 cam. Could be interesting.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Whatever way you go...if it is carbed and you live in a cold climate...plan on a block heater somewhere in the mix...it will make cold starting a breeze and could eliminate the choke requirment...

My carbed 2.3 simply won't start if the temp drops below -10 C...I've tried battery warmers, charging the battery overnight, and choke with a shot of Quick Start...no go...put in the block heater (in hose, not in block) and it started first crank this morning without choke...

Just my $2,000,000 worth...:)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals