• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What Sized Tires do you think I should get?

What Size should I get?

• 33x10.50R15's

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 31x10.50R15's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 32x11.50R15's

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Some other size

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
OK well my Mickeys are getting pretty worn down now or atleast one of them is... :annoyed:

So I'm in the market for some new tires... Not sure what size to get though... I have some 31's on it right now but I have it lifted a little bit now and can fit 33's under it. If I got 33's they would probably be the BFG 33x10.50 KM2's unless someone convinced me that another tire was better.

The reason I ask is because I usually use it as a DD and mostly highway driving with some off roading so i actually get pretty decent mileage (average 23-24 on the highway and about 17 in town) How much would it affect my mileage if I went to 33's and regeared? I am also moving down to Oregon more then likely as well so off roading may become more of a thing for me.

Also what do you guys recommend for tires? I work at a tire store that can get Cooper, Bridgestone, BFG, Goodyear and a few others I believe. I'm looking at M/T's mostly or an aggressive A/t would be fine I guess, Have my eye on some BFG KM2's.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
I am running 33x12.5x15 KO tires and I have a 4:10 Randy's gear. I gas up at 350 miles per tank on highway travel and I a few gallons still in the tank when I fill up. Around town driving only a tank gets me right at 295 miles at full up and I have about 3 gallons in the tank still. I have a roof rack and never really noticed much difference in milage with it or with out it. The 4:10 gear does not hurt gas milage with my tires. With out it you had to press the gas pedal a bit harder....lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals