• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What should I do?

a-5 freak

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If you can convince her to go to the ER and she complains of "chest pain" there is nothing on this planet that will keep them from checking her out. They take that stuff seriously. They can't afford not to.

Does she have any other symptoms? Pain in her jaw? Sweating? Pale? Nausea? Left arm soreness/pain? Back or shoulder pain? Does the pain get worse with exertion and better with rest? Lack of endurance? Shortness of breath? Is it a sharp pain? Pressure like pain? Burning pain? Does she have acid reflux? GERD? Does she stress easily? Blood in her stool (upper GI bleeds poop out like black tar and really stink).

Her mom is a fool and an ass if this has been going on for any length of time and hasn't gotten better.
I like the sound of the ER trip. Maybe I will do that and when her mom bitches at me i'll tell her that i thought she was havin a heart attack... I'll ask her all of these later today and post the results. I never knew that I would get so much support on here from you guys! Thank you!!

COPPERHEAD85

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I cant get past the part where you said "The mother is in the hospitial" but wont take her kid..........????????

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
Transmission
Manual
Just go have a good talk with her father. If you have to, use the fact that her mother went to the hospital herself. That ain't right.

a-5 freak

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Sry for not postin updates about this, i'm really busy with finals and my mother being in the hospital and completely forgot to post on the thread. I talked with my mother and she said that we could go to a walk in clinic and pay cash (my mother would pay) or we could use the girl's insurance and have to get her mothers permission. I talked to the girl and she told me that she would go if she had pains again, which I bet she will. (trust me, I pretty much pleaded her to go now)

I have a feeling that my mother is going to have to act like a family friend and take her in because the girl's mother probably would fly off the handle if she found out that her daughter went to a walk-in clinic, and only had something minor wrong with her. So that's all that has happened so far, but i'll remember to post any updates.

Steeda04SVT

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Man I hope your friend is ok. Personal health is def something nobody should put on the back burner. Good luck and keep us updated.

bttlscrs00x

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Agree with other posts:

They can't treat her without parental consent because she's a minor. If you're really that worried about her, talk to the authorities. Contact child services. If she does have a problem and her mother's "medicine" isn't helping, she's neglecting the girl. Child services needs to know it.

Though remember that if you get involved, it will more than likely mean the end of your friendship/contact with her. Her mother can and will forbid her to see you, and the girl will probably, based on what you've said, listen to her mother. This is all in case she gets to stay with her mother. You also have to think about the fact that child services could deem the mother unfit and remove the girl.

All I'm saying is you need to be sure, before you get in the middle.

a-5 freak

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Agree with other posts:

Though remember that if you get involved, it will more than likely mean the end of your friendship/contact with her. Her mother can and will forbid her to see you, and the girl will probably, based on what you've said, listen to her mother. This is all in case she gets to stay with her mother. You also have to think about the fact that child services could deem the mother unfit and remove the girl.

All I'm saying is you need to be sure, before you get in the middle.
I understand that she could possibly be taken away from her mother and father for neglect, and that I wouldn't be able to see her until she is 18, but if it means that she gets to live till then... I don't mind that. I am trying to determine what the chances of her actually having something, but it's really tough to say just what it might be. She hates her mother btw, and doesn't listen to most of what she says.

I'm going for my Doctorates in Physical Therapy right now, but i'm only in my second year of college. I've asked some of my professors and all they can tell me is that she would have to be seen to determine what is truly wrong.

superdave1984

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Somebody is going to be pn the hook for the medical bills. If you take her to the ER, the mom is going to expect you to fork over the cash for the tab. Surely there's a local health dept she can go to. Those are generally free. She could go in alone and tell them about her condition and give a story about being homeless or something. If you get involved, be prepared to have to deal with something or somebody with legal consequences.

a-5 freak

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Surely there's a local health dept she can go to. Those are generally free. She could go in alone and tell them about her condition and give a story about being homeless or something.
That's an EXCELLENT idea... BUT... if a homeless 16 year old walks in, I bet you anything that they're going to attempt to get her into foster care.

bttlscrs00x

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I understand that she could possibly be taken away from her mother and father for neglect, and that I wouldn't be able to see her until she is 18, but if it means that she gets to live till then... I don't mind that. I am trying to determine what the chances of her actually having something, but it's really tough to say just what it might be. She hates her mother btw, and doesn't listen to most of what she says.

I'm going for my Doctorates in Physical Therapy right now, but i'm only in my second year of college. I've asked some of my professors and all they can tell me is that she would have to be seen to determine what is truly wrong.
It's good that you recognize the risks. I only said that she listens to her mother because if she didn't, she would find a way to get checked out by a doctor whether her mother agrees or not. I feel like if this has been going on for some time, she would have seen a doctor already.

Either way, you do need to get her checked out. It might be nothing, but it might be something. A friend of a friend just passed away this week from a heart attack. He was 22. It's not unheard of.

bttlscrs00x

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Somebody is going to be pn the hook for the medical bills. If you take her to the ER, the mom is going to expect you to fork over the cash for the tab. Surely there's a local health dept she can go to. Those are generally free. She could go in alone and tell them about her condition and give a story about being homeless or something. If you get involved, be prepared to have to deal with something or somebody with legal consequences.
That's an EXCELLENT idea... BUT... if a homeless 16 year old walks in, I bet you anything that they're going to attempt to get her into foster care.
It's a tangled web. Contact child services and at least ASK them what the best thing would be. You don't have to say who you're talking about but you need to find out what your risks are.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
She's probably suffering from indigestion from all the herbs her mom is feeding her...ask her at what time of day she feels the pains...right after she eats...does the pain go away if she lays down or if she breathes deeply...

The only reason I say this is because I used to get similar pains that I first thought were heart related...and it turned out I always got them after I ate breakfast at Mickey D's...when I eat regular real food it doesn't bother me...

You might be able to save yourself and her much time by doing this...but if it is not diet related she should seek medical assistance and have some tests done...immediately...

Heart disease is rare in young, healthy girls...unless there is a family history or she has a birth defect such as weak valves...

Oh, is she over weight or otherwise in good health?

CountryBoy704

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
it could definitely be diet related especially if mom is feed her weird shit all the time, sounds like something that even a doctor would want to have blood tests and stuff to diagnose properly

a-5 freak

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It's a tangled web. Contact child services and at least ASK them what the best thing would be. You don't have to say who you're talking about but you need to find out what your risks are.
I'll do that as soon as I can thanks for the suggestion! :icon_thumby:

She's probably suffering from indigestion from all the herbs her mom is feeding her...ask her at what time of day she feels the pains...right after she eats...does the pain go away if she lays down or if she breathes deeply...

You might be able to save yourself and her much time by doing this...but if it is not diet related she should seek medical assistance and have some tests done...immediately...

Heart disease is rare in young, healthy girls...unless there is a family history or she has a birth defect such as weak valves...

Oh, is she over weight or otherwise in good health?
It's at random times she has the pain. I've only been with her twice when it happened. Once was right when she got done running barrels on her horse, and the other was when i was driving her home. I asked her if she got it after she ate and she said no :/

She's a twig =p She's like 5'2" and she weighs 105 lbs.

Brick+Truck=Good

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0L 6 Cyl.
Transmission
Manual
you could get her to talk to a judge about emancipation from her parents. she would be able to live with her parents if they were willing, but she would have the rights of an 18 yr old in the eyes of the state. she then wouldn't need her parents consent for medical attention amongst other important things.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals