• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What should I do?

a-5 freak

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well, there's a 16 year old girl that boards out at the same barn I go to that's like a sister to me. We've been friends for quite a few years and recently she has been having some pretty severe chest pains. I keep telling her that she needs to go go to the hospital every time she tells me it hurts, but here's the catch. Her mother is big into natural herbs, crystals, wizards, and magic. (She's nuts...) So her mother refuses to get her medical attention. However, her mother gives her some mashed up herbs that she enchants or something... Doesn't work at all.

My question is would it be legal for me to bring her to a walk in clinic or even a hospital to get this diagnosed? I don't want to lose her over her mother being too ignorant to help her.

Thanks in advance.

mn_smokeater

Firefighter
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.4L V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
if its something really bad the mothers lack of proper medical care can be considered child neglect by law enforcement.

BlueChariot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
As far as I know, it's not illegal for anyone to transport someone else to a medical facility, the problem may arise when she asks for treatment, and they mention that parental consent is needed for medical treatment. I'm not sure how far that part fo the law stretches, but it could be a hang-up and open a possible can of worms because as smokeater said it could be considered neglect.

As far as you are concerned, no, you would be doing nothing illegal. (As far as I can tell)

lethal-threat-b288

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
her mom would go to jail!! you would be the hero here!

a-5 freak

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I would like to avoid law enforcement if at all possible. I don't want to cause a big scene and possibly land her in foster care. Right now her mother is in the hospital for colonitis, so if I were to bring her somewhere it would be asap while her mother is away. I may be able to convince her father to let me take her, but i'm not sure how that would go (he's whipped by her mother). If it means saving a life, i'll call the police, but if there was any other way to make this happen w/o them it would be great.

BlueChariot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I would suggest just seeing if you can take her. But like I said you may run into issues with parental consent for treatment depending on what the medical institution says.

super91(2.3)

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/1996
Make / Model
ford/ford
Engine Size
2.3/ 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
they have all of the bases covered as far as i can see when it comes to the legalities... it all depends on what the institution says about the care and parental conscent. but from the sounds of it, she needs medical attention, and you could save a life. i have a very good feeling her parents would forgive you for doing something they dont want you to if it means saving the life of their daughter.

a-5 freak

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
they have all of the bases covered as far as i can see when it comes to the legalities... it all depends on what the institution says about the care and parental conscent. but from the sounds of it, she needs medical attention, and you could save a life. i have a very good feeling her parents would forgive you for doing something they dont want you to if it means saving the life of their daughter.
Alright, i'll call the hospital in a few and see what they say. Thank you guys so much for the opinions!!

super91(2.3)

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/1996
Make / Model
ford/ford
Engine Size
2.3/ 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
Alright, i'll call the hospital in a few and see what they say. Thank you guys so much for the opinions!!
not a problem. if you need anything, pm me :icon_thumby:

a-5 freak

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Will do thanks bud!! :D

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
In some cases (varies by state laws) age of consent is not 18, and you don't have to be 18 to say yes or no for yourself. She may be able to get away without parental consent.

a-5 freak

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I think in Florida it's 18 =/ so no chance there... I called the hospital but I couldnt get a straight answer :annoyed:. I'm going to call my mother that's been a nurse for 34 years tomorrow and see what she has to say.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
worse comes to worse, tell her overact some of the chest pains, like she's having a heart attack. call 911 and let the ambulance come get her. then, she'll get checked out and her insurance would cover it. extreme, but it's a way to get her to a hospital.

or, tell her fake something in front of her mom and when her mom tries to wave f*cking crystals over her and they dont work, she'll smarten up

crbnunit

Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
If you can convince her to go to the ER and she complains of "chest pain" there is nothing on this planet that will keep them from checking her out. They take that stuff seriously. They can't afford not to.

Does she have any other symptoms? Pain in her jaw? Sweating? Pale? Nausea? Left arm soreness/pain? Back or shoulder pain? Does the pain get worse with exertion and better with rest? Lack of endurance? Shortness of breath? Is it a sharp pain? Pressure like pain? Burning pain? Does she have acid reflux? GERD? Does she stress easily? Blood in her stool (upper GI bleeds poop out like black tar and really stink).

Her mom is a fool and an ass if this has been going on for any length of time and hasn't gotten better.

super91(2.3)

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/1996
Make / Model
ford/ford
Engine Size
2.3/ 4.0
Transmission
Automatic

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals