• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What Roller Rockers are these?

DPDISXR4Ti

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
What PCM are you using? I may can burn a chip for you. Give me the 4 digit code on the label from it.
Thanks for chiming on Doug. I've got a couple to try - a X2T2 from a '92 Ranger and a HAG0 from a '94. Both are 5-speed/no EGR. Any thoughts on which stock PCM would have the most conservative timing map?

Vikz808

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I recently picked of a 4.0 and as I'm about to drive away the guy mentions, "I think that may have roller rockers in it." Got home, power-washed the engine, and like a kid waiting for Santa to come down the chimney I removed one of the covers. Score! I don't see any identifying marks on these and they look a little different from the ones I see listed for sale. Anyone recognize them? I'm wondering if they are stock ratio or increased.

View attachment 58336
I’ll buy them....lol

DPDISXR4Ti

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I’ll buy them....lol
Get in line! I'm planning to run them, whenever it is that I get around to installing this engine. Since the roller rockers essentially act like a bigger cam, they should flatten out the torque spike a bit and thus reduce the tendency to detonate from the higher compression from the 98TM heads. That's my thinking any way.

In the mean time, when junkyarding I came across a '91 Explorer with manual transmission. I grabbed the E0L computer, so now I'll have another one to try when the time comes. I'm speculating that the Explorer may have a slightly more conservative timing map than the Ranger since it's a heavier vehicle. Maybe not though, as the Ranger might be expected to tow more.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals